Multi Version Movies - Can't retrieve subtitles for movie other than the primary

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

where you have multiple versions of a movie in a folder and recognised as being multi versions you can only retrieve a subtitle track for the "first" one emby lists.

example, i have both a 2160p and 720p copy of 3.10 to Yuma. now the 2160p version has a subtitle stream but the 720p version does not. emby sees the movie as having subs and does not automatically download them. if i search manually then only the 2160p version is offered to search against.

not expecting this to be fixed soon, i realise its an edge case, but i thought i'd put it out there

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Yep i have the same problem, if i download subs for a second release chosen by the drop down list in the in the UI the sub will stick to the first instead of the second. If i do it in the player it will stick to the correct file.

On 11/4/2021 at 8:19 AM, Dryparn said:

Yep i have the same problem, if i download subs for a second release chosen by the drop down list in the in the UI the sub will stick to the first instead of the second. If i do it in the player it will stick to the correct file.

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 2:24 AM, Luke said:

Hi, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

I tried a little more yesterday and I was wrong, it also doesn't work in the player. Sometimes the UI changes file version when exiting a video so i was probably fooled by that.

15 hours ago, Dryparn said:

I tried a little more yesterday and I was wrong, it also doesn't work in the player. Sometimes the UI changes file version when exiting a video so i was probably fooled by that.

Hi, it works just fine in the player. We'll be supporting it on the video detail screen in the next release as well. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 1:46 AM, Luke said:

Hi, it works just fine in the player. We'll be supporting it on the video detail screen in the next release as well. Thanks.

I tested again and i can confirm that tha srt-file downloaded from within the player, running the second file, attach to the first file. I can not attach a srt-file to the second file in any way if i don't do it manually by moving and renaming the file by hand.

rooser11

What 

On 11/8/2021 at 7:46 PM, Luke said:

what do you mean by the player?  The latest android app fails to download the sub other than the primary video.  Hopefully a fix is being pushed.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a combination of changes both in the apps, and in the upcoming 4.7 server, so updates are needed on both sides. Thanks.

• Like 1