TV radio channels will not be played

fxwegr

I am using TV live together with the emby tvheadend plugin. The TV channels work fine. But the TV radio channels are not played. The radio channels are correctly tagged with the "Other" tag. In the tvheadend settings  channels taged with 'Other' is set to radio.  What is wrong?

My configuration:

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

TVheadend server: HTS Tvheadend 4.3-1480~gddfbf1488

Emby Server: 3.5.3.0

Emby Tvheadend plugin: 1.3.9.0

Log.html

post-339574-0-99682200-1540493885_thumb.png

Gerrit507

I can only confirm this issue.

2018-10-26 17:58:39.048 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.6.0.57
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Unix 4.15.0.34
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /config
	Application directory: /system
	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
	TargetSite: System.String GetProbeSizeArgument(System.String)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.EncodingHelper.GetProbeSizeArgument(String inputPath)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Encoder.EncodingHelper.GetInputModifier(EncodingJobInfo state, EncodingOptions encodingOptions)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetCommandLineArguments(String outputPath, EncodingOptions encodingOptions, StreamState state, Boolean isEncoding)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.GetOutputFilePath(StreamState state, EncodingOptions encodingOptions, String outputFileExtension)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.GetState(StreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetMasterPlaylistInternal(StreamRequest request, String method)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.UniversalAudioService.GetUniversalStream(GetUniversalAudioStream request, Boolean isHeadRequest)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

It seems that the affected part of the code isn't open-source anymore so I can't really debug it...

pünktchen

What do you mean exactly by this sentence: "Just set the radio channels in the plugin code to type "TV". "

It was dedicated to the plugin developer not to you as a user.

Tolotos

There is a long time issue (users tell it bug, emby devs feature) not to play radio channels because they don‘t have a video stream.

Hi Tolotos,

I'm not very clear what you mean with "because they don‘t have a video stream".

I receive my streams (radio and TV) via a Digital Device Cine-S2 V7 tuner from Astra 19.2 satellite using a TVH backend server. With Kodi I can easily play all TV streams and all radio streams. With Emby only the TV streams.

Could you please check my attached TVH server and my TVH plugin settings if everything is as expected by emby?

Thank you

post-339574-0-51766900-1540634822_thumb.png

post-339574-0-22693200-1540634841_thumb.png

Gerrit507

Hi Tolotos,

I'm not very clear what you mean with "because they don‘t have a video stream".

I receive my streams (radio and TV) via a Digital Device Cine-S2 V7 tuner from Astra 19.2 satellite using a TVH backend server. With Kodi I can easily play all TV streams and all radio streams. With Emby only the TV streams.

Could you please check my attached TVH server and my TVH plugin settings if everything is as expected by emby?

Thank you

Es liegt nicht an Deiner Konfiguration. Emby kann zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt einfach keine Radio Sender abspielen, weil es einen Video Stream erwartet und dann einen Fehler wirft. Radiosender haben nunmnal keinen Video Stream.

Danke für diese Klarstellung. Das lässt mich die Fehlersuche beenden, und könnte auch bewirken dass andere sie erst garnicht beginnen. Ich werde jetzt versuchen die Radiosender über eine .mru Playlist zu realisieren. Das sollte eigentlich gehen.

Many thanks and have a nice day!

@@Gerrit507 i think that's a long standing bug in Emby. Just set the radio channels in the plugin code to type "TV".

If this works then I will just have the core handle this internally for now. The only difference is that it means you'll get a video player UI when you play, as opposed to the small now playing bar at the bottom.

It will be changed in the next release.

Would be cool if this gets corrected. With the holidays approaching my wife used to use the radio stations on the tv a lot for christmas music and such.

On the bright side, for me the music choice / radio stations work from the computer, just not from my mi boxes. I will give it another go in next server release also.