Audio stream continued when not watching channel

BillOatman

BillOatman

I am using a nVidea shield.

I selected a m3u channel from the grid guide and got the spinning circle for a period of time.  I hit the back button thinking the channel was down, but i must have done that just as the connection was established (or buffer was full).  It went back to the grid display, but the audio from the channel started playing on my TV.  I couldn't get it to turn off. I went back to that channel and selected the stop button, went to other channels, even went back to the shield root display then back into emby and it wouldn't stop.  I had to reboot the shield to get out of it.

Fringe case I know.  But since it was such a pain to get out of it I figured I'd let you know.

Hi.  What "stop" button did you hit?

Also, had you selected the option to use MPV for Live TV playback?

BillOatman

Hi,

I went back into the channel that the audio was from, hit the down button on the remote (lower part of the circle), moved over to the square stop button and selected it.

For every channel selected it sounded like there were 2 audio tracks playing, the problem one and the correct one for the channel selected.  The stop button only stopped the one that was supposed to be playing.

I'm not sure what that MPV option is, so it is probably whatever the default is for a shield.

Hi.  Can you indicate which of these buttons you are referring to?  There is no square stop button...

5bd20a3974522_livetvplaybackcontrols.png

BillOatman

Oh sorry, I've been looking at a few different clients, servers, and players lately.  It's this one.

5bd21ba4a5074_Clipboard01.jpg

BillOatman

Sure thing but it's the bottom left icon from ebr's screenshot.

5bd2226f97ee1_Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by BillOatman

BillOatman

Like I said, I was going from memory and I have been trying out lots of things over the past week or so.  Other players have a typical square stop button.