Firetv stick - volleyerror android volley error

Ponyo

Hi,

Its been a while since I used Emby on my Firetv stick but all of a sudden I'm getting android volley errors when opening the app and the app is unable to connect. It apparently sees my server (I can see it in the switch server manually menu) but when I try to login it says incorrect password.

Tried rebooting, reinstalling the app, clearing cache etc. but nothing works.

Hi.  This is probably due to the actual name of the Fire device.

A new version (1.6.50) has gone out just today that should fix this.

dahyippur

Getting bombarded with volley errors today on FTV3 after the update even outside of the app (No special characters). Have to force close or reboot to remove the error messages. I'll try to uninstall then reload later tonight

Getting bombarded with volley errors today on FTV3 after the update even outside of the app (No special characters). Have to force close or reboot to remove the error messages. I'll try to uninstall then reload later tonight

Hi.  Exactly what does the message say?

You are sure there was no other information?

From your description, it sounds most likely that the app lost the ability to communicate with your server and you were seeing timeout messages on all the retrievals that were in progress at the time.

dahyippur

I think there was a timeout error as well, odd that the messages persist outside of the app.

Edited by dahyippur

tubbychad1

I'm having this same problem.  I have Fire tv with 4k ultra.  I renamed my device to delete the apostrophe through amazon (no option to do it in the device).  I rebooted, confirmed the name in the about page, and reinstalled the app.  I get this error whenever I search for a movie using the directory.

I reinstalled the app, so I'm fairly certain i have v1.6.50a.

Any thoughts?

I'm having this same problem.  I have Fire tv with 4k ultra.  I renamed my device to delete the apostrophe through amazon (no option to do it in the device).  I rebooted, confirmed the name in the about page, and reinstalled the app.  I get this error whenever I search for a movie using the directory.

I reinstalled the app, so I'm fairly certain i have v1.6.50a.

Any thoughts?

Hi. An apostrophe is not a problem.

Are you running the beta server?

tubbychad1

Hi. An apostrophe is not a problem.

Are you running the beta server?

I'm not running a server, merely using emby to connect to the server of another.

I changed the name completely.  I thought removing the apostrophe (special character) from "Name's Fire Stick" was the solution.  

Also saw this error message today, seemed to be pretty random.

I started the app as usual, it started up but seem to have lost the connection before booting up completely.

It didn't even load any of the sections, e.g. Next Up, Continue Watching, etc.

The solutions was to close the app and reopen it again, after this it worked flawlessly.

Client: FTVS with .52a beta

Server: 3.5.2.0 stable

Couldn't reproduce this so can't really provide a log.

• 3 weeks later...

Still not working. Removed Emby again from the fire stick and reinstalled the latest version (1.6.56a).

My other stick is working just fine. The only difference is this stick has a device name with Japanese characters in it though I've been using it like that for a long time.

Still not working. Removed Emby again from the fire stick and reinstalled the latest version (1.6.56a).

My other stick is working just fine. The only difference is this stick has a device name with Japanese characters in it though I've been using it like that for a long time.

Exactly what problem are you having and when?

Understand that "Volley Error" translates to "Network Error" so that could potentially be produced in about 100 different scenarios :).

Thanks.