Recorded naming

dcol
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

When I record a show, lets saw 'Pawn Stars', the naming of the recorded show creates a file named 'Pawn Stars S01E01 s01e01 showtitle.ts'.

This double naming of S01E01 is causing my conversion processing to name the folder 'Pawn Starts S01E01' which is a problem for my library.

Why doesn't Emby use a standard naming convention like 'Pawn Stars - S01E01 - showtitle.ts' or 'Pawn Stars.S01E01.showtitle.ts' for it's recorded shows? The folder names are correct, just not the file names. And what is the purpose of repeating the S01E01?

How can I fix this? Is there a setting or is this a bug?

Edited by dcol

• Solution

Hi, we do use standard naming conventions. here is the result of a recent recording test of mine:

The Cleveland Show S02E03 How Cleveland Got His Groove Back.ts

If i had to guess, I would say the double numbering is due to the numbers being contained in the title. 

• Like 1

Not in the title.

I tried with a number of shows and get the repeat SxxExx. This is not coming from the guide XML. Here is the XML data

<programme start="20181024163000 +0000" stop="20181024170000 +0000" channel="EPG123.57708.schedulesdirect.org">
    <title>Pawn Stars</title>
    <sub-title>s08e17 The Chum-Sake</sub-title>
    <desc>Description here </desc>

As you can see the title is not Pawn Starts S08E17. So where could this be coming from?

Also, I use the exact same XML with NPVR and it doesn't repeat and the naming is showname.episode.title like it should be. See the attached transcode log (I removed all the http token info)

So what does the naming of the file? Didn't come from the XML that way. And it doesn't display in the guide that way.

record-transcode.txt

Edited by dcol

paulsalter

Looks like its coming from the sub-title

Emby sees the title and picks up the S/E

So we have Pawn stars S08E17

It then adds the episode title (sub-title) to the end

Pawn stars S08E17 s08e17 The Chum-Sake

I think you need to remove the S/E from the sub-title

But then the S/E info would not be in the guide data at all. Besides, I am not willing to have to edit the XML file every time it updates every day.

And then the title is lower case, so something had to grab the S/E then, convert it to upper case and insert it with the showname. Emby or one of the modules it uses must be doing that.

Now if you look at the log I posted you will see that the path is constructed and passed to ffmpeg. Emby must be doing that.

NPVR handles the same XML/M3U just fine. Emby does not.

Really its a matter of how Emby handles the file. They really should use a standard naming convention like every one else does I have been using.

Edited by dcol

By duplicating it in the subtitle, you will probably end up seeing double throughout Emby displays, for example:

5bd0c5c27562a_Untitled.png

Notice how emby prepends S5:E14 to the beginning of the subtitle.

XML is from epg123 which is edited from SD.

Duplicate in the sub-title? That is the only place it appears in the XML. Otherwise how would Emby know the S/E info.

I had a thought, which I am checking now. Maybe EPG123 is adding the info somehow. I am looking into it now.

Got it! EPG123 was set to prefix the S/E with the episode title. Emby was just picking it up. Funny that NPVR didn't do that.

Otherwise how would Emby know the S/E info.

There are dedicated fields for season and episode numbers so that we don't have to try and extract it from the sub title.