Library-based schedule

tvinhas

tvinhas

Hi folks,

I've been switching between Plex and Emby for the past couple years and I really like the direction Emby took and how open and fast-responding the developers are.

With that being said, there's one feature that was the reason why I switched back to Plex last time, that I see it's still missing here. I'll explain:

On Plex, when I schedule a recording, I can specify which library that recording belongs to. This is extremely important for me because I record a lot of kids shows to my daughter, and I don't want to have to manually move hundreds of PJ Masks shows from my TV Shows library to the Kids library.

Am I the only one who sees value on this feature? Is that hard to implement? 

Hi, I think what we will probably do is have a server setting to save the recording to existing series so that it doesn't have to create a new one in a separate library. Will this help?

The problem is we have chosen to have a one-click record process that doesn't require you to fill out a form to start the recording. The advantage is that it's easy, the downside of course is that if you want to change recording settings, the recording may have already started.

tvinhas

That would be great! So if I record Dr. McStuffings and it already exists on the Kids library, it wouldn't be recorded to the default library, right?

Hi, I think what we will probably do is have a server setting to save the recording to existing series so that it doesn't have to create a new one in a separate library. Will this help?

That would be great! So if I record Dr. McStuffings and it already exists on the Kids library, it wouldn't be recorded to the default library, right?

Yes, correct.

Spaceboy

The problem is we have chosen to have a one-click record process that doesn't require you to fill out a form to start the recording. The advantage is that it's easy, the downside of course is that if you want to change recording settings, the recording may have already started.

but like all the series settings, that could be configured after the one touch recording is set. No need to break what already works well and I think the majority would prefer it as is