[MB Intro] with External Player

JDizzy

JDizzy

I tried out the MB Intro plugin using MBTheater and would really like to use it.

My problem is that it doesn't seem to work if you have an external video player defined.

I though possibly that when you clicked to start a movie, the trailer and whatever else was set to play would play with the MB player and once it got to the movie, it would fire up the external and play it. Nope... just went straight to the movie using the external player, in my case MPC-HC.

Wonder if there is a way to use this with MPC-HC??

The reason for using the external player is because for some reason when I use the internal player, the audio is out of sync. With the external player all is fine (except for the MB Intros won't play). I have tried everything and six ways to Sunday but cannot seem to get audio synced and playing nicely. MBT is the only program I have this problem with out of the many HTPC softwares I have.

Thanks

On a different note:

I use the Movie Themes plugin. When it loads up a theme to play, it does play in the external player but without the UI overlay to allow you to Play the movie. You would think that a test could be done to where if filename = theme.*, use internal player.

My work around (again using MPC-HC) was to rename all my movies to the mkv extension and all the movie themes to mp4 extension. I then told MBT to not play mp4 files using external player.... it works but still think MBT or Server should test the file and if it is a theme play it internally.

Please separate completely different issues in different topics so we can address them properly.

The issue with intros is actually MBT not the plug-in so I am going to move this topic over there.  MBC operates the way you expected.

JDizzy

The issue with intros is actually MBT not the plug-in so I am going to move this topic over there.  MBC operates the way you expected.

Ok, thanks for moving.

In time I imagine, things that work in MPC will find their way to MBT.

Edited by JDizzy