Unchanged movie libraries constantly updating, failing to update modified tv show libraries

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

I noticed recently when I add new content in my tv shows library, Emby doesn't pick it up, and does not create the nfo/thumb. It used to do this within a minute of new content being added.

Looking at the home screen, I see a hint why. The movies folder keeps popping the little wheel symbol showing update progress, starting at 90% and within 30 sec, reaches 100%, disappears, but reappear a moment later to do the same 90-100% update and does it endlessly. As a result, the actual needed update of tv shows library is constantly pushed back in the queue.

I am guessing you will need a log, but I don't know which.

Edited by jlr19

Happy2Play

That would mean Real time monitoring is seeing some sort of change in that library.  A log during the timeframe of movies library showing progress indicator.

CharleyVarrick

Hi Happy !

My movie libraries are pretty quiet, update wise. Last time I added a single movie was a week ago.

On the other hand, my tv show libraries are updated multiple times a day, day after day.

It looks like it's trying to identify something, fails, and retries within a minute with the same result.

Working to get the log.

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

I have my movies in 2 main folders, one for English, one for French. Same setup for TV shows.

I restarted Emby, it stopped updating endlessly the English movie library, and I was able to successfully scan my small French tv library.

However, as soon as I tried to scan the English TV library, Emby instead went back right away to updating English movie library in the same pattern as before, and without updating said  English TV library.

Edited by jlr19

Happy2Play

You have one item in a endless loop, about every minute.  This tmdbid 377330 no longer exists

2018-10-24 00:09:09.578 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/377330?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers
2018-10-24 00:09:14.648 Info App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: Starting Library Sync...
2018-10-24 00:09:14.648 Info App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: "LIBRARYSYNC" Added 0 items:  
2018-10-24 00:09:16.676 Info App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: "LIBRARYSYNC" Updated 1 items:  c1a45cbd50c47ad5ea98d13fc749b4b3
2018-10-24 00:09:16.676 Info App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: "LIBRARYSYNC" Removed 0 items:  
2018-10-24 00:09:16.676 Info App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: Finished Library Sync Taking 00:00:02.0280036
2018-10-24 00:10:20.636 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/377330?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null
2018-10-24 00:10:20.917 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.5.3.0
	Command line: C:\Users\jlr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\jlr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\jlr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\jlr\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache\tmdb-movies2\377330\all-en.json'.
	   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
	   at System.IO.FileStream.ValidateFileHandle(SafeFileHandle fileHandle)
	   at System.IO.FileStream.CreateFileOpenHandle(FileMode mode, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
	   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
	   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Serialization.JsonSerializer.DeserializeFromFile[T](String file)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Edited by Happy2Play

CharleyVarrick

Using Emby Identify feature to lookup tmdb id# 377330 yields no results. No luck either with Windows Explorer search.

What now? :unsure:

Edit: I opened a ticket at tmdb forum asking them to reverse lookup this id# in their archive.

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

tmdb support was able to provide me with this movie title: Sundown

I didn't find any "Sundown" issue in my movies folder.

Coincidentally, for some reason, Emby seems to have stopped querying this, and resumed Real Time Monitoring all folders in a normal fashion.

Happy2Play

I don't uses Kodi but I would think it was a issue with the ""LIBRARYSYNC" Updated 1 items:  c1a45cbd50c47ad5ea98d13fc749b4b3" almost every 90 seconds.

Edited by Happy2Play

CharleyVarrick

I don't uses Kodi but I would think it was a issue with the ""LIBRARYSYNC" Updated 1 items:  c1a45cbd50c47ad5ea98d13fc749b4b3" almost every 90 seconds.

How can I know which media file this "c1a45cbd50c47ad5ea98d13fc749b4b3"code relates to?

Happy2Play

How can I know which media file this "c1a45cbd50c47ad5ea98d13fc749b4b3"code relates to?

Easiest way in the web client go to any movie and look at the url. and replace the id with this one.  There is the API also Dashboard-API (link at the bottom of the screen).

CharleyVarrick

Easiest way in the web client go to any movie and look at the url. and replace the id with this one.

I'm not having any success w/cut&paste, I even tried with 2 unrelated valid movies. Once the item id is replaced, I hit enter but it does nothing.

There is the API also Dashboard-API (link at the bottom of the screen).

Not sure what you mean here.

• 3 weeks later...
CharleyVarrick

If I restart Emby server, it stops scanning movie library every minute, but only for as long as I don't add/update/remove to that library.

As soon as I do, the issue resume... :(