DVR Recordings folder being discovered as single show

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

Everything seemed to be slowly syncing over the last couple of days, (artwork, metadata, etc) for my recordings,

but today my recordings folder seems to be scraped as an actual show, with all of my subfolder shows showing up

as seasons of my DVR Recordings folder.

I haven't mapped anything, and Emby has done most of the decision making, so I'm not sure why on Sunday it was pulling info as it should,

but today it thinks my folder for holding is an actual show.

I'm sure this is a user error, but not able to find the syntax to my question in the forums, so I apologize if this has been resolved elsewhere.

I really appreciate the responses and help, which is my #1 reason for returning after my Plex pilgrimage .....

I'm attaching a screenshot of my default recording folder as to help illustrate my issue.

atomicmoon

My bad! I swore I did. Here is the image....couldn't find a way to attach while replying.

My structure is z:\DVR\TV Shows\

That is the base folder setup through Emby for DVR purposes.

It seems though, that Emby sees, "TV Shows" as an actual show to go scrape.

I originally named the folder, "Episodes" but I found that Emby had scraped it as the series "Episodes" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582350/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This is when I discovered this, so I renamed the folder to "TV Shows", but it mismatched it as some show resembling that name.

Again, I'm sure this is on my end, just not sure what I did.

5bd0004787707_EmbyTVMismatch.png

atomicmoon

Taking a look at my library in settings and I have 3 folders,

Recorded Movies = z:\DVR\Movies

Recorded Shows = z:\DVR\TV Shows

Recordings = Z:\DVR (which is a mixed content folder)

The last one is the only one that sticks out to me that it could be a parent folder and everything inside (movies, TV Shows) is a show/series.

I did not create any of the above folders, so I'm leery on deleting it just yet....

Again, I don't know exactly, but wanting to at least attempt to help myself, instead of just presenting a problem and waiting for the rescue team.

Yeah, you cannot do that.  You cannot have a library that is a subset of the content of another library.  You have two libraries that are subsets of another one.

atomicmoon

The system apparently ignored my ignorance and sorted itself out after I manually scanned all three folders.

Now, after reading your responses I realize that it must be ignoring something for it to be working correctly.

The folder, "Recordings" which path is, "Z:\DVR\" is set as mixed content and everything within it's path is being tagged and working as intended. As I wrote above and you explained, the two other folders can not reside within the parent folder and work. 
The other two folders, "Z:\DVR\TV Shows\" & "Z:\DVR\Movies\" have files in them, but the Emby library does not show any files,

which it wouldn't need to since the parent folder has already done so.

I only add this for possible explanation for anyone searching for the same issue in the future.

Also, I only created the folders through the DVR setup page in the dashboard, that's why I was confused if I had created those libraries through the library creation process. 

What would be the ideal, or recommended folder structure setup for recording and storing on the same drive?

I'm tempted to just leave it as is since it works, but since emby is not using the folders it created in the DVR creation process, wouldn't it be easier/simpler to just create the main folder for recordings?

Thanks explaining the process, and on this topic, everything is working as I want it to!

• 3 weeks later...