Emby stopped working after pc crash

lhee
Go to solution Solved by lhee,

I've been using emby premier and it was working great.  

My pc crashed and I reloaded emby and it worked for a day and then it says can't connect to server.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and it does the same thing, works for one day and then can't connect. I've messed with firewall settings and reloaded windows twice. No luck. 

Is there a solution to this?

Hi there, where exactly does it say this?

Hi,

What happens is I reinstall the server on windows, then everything works well on 2 rokus and 1 fire tv. Then the next day it will ask for a pin to sign in on the roku's and the fire tv. Then it says choose a server and after I do, it says server cannot be reached. This has happened at least 4 times using the same pc with the same exact message. Any ideas?

Hi, since you reinstalled the server, your Roku app sees that as a brand new server. So when you select a server to connect to, you're probably selecting the old entry.

What you can do is try manually entering the ip address of the server and doing a manual connection from the app. You can also delete all of the saved servers from inside the app if you wish to make things easier. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

You can also delete all of the saved servers from inside the app if you wish to make things easier.

The easiest way to do that will probably be to uninstall the Roku channel, restart the Roku device and then re-install the channel.  Then it will start brand new and maybe even find your server automatically.

• Solution

@@lhee please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Okay so apparently when I reloaded Windows the PC and server names were both changed. The email that was sent to allow the new server went in the spam folder and I didn’t see it.

Yesterday I reloaded the server and apps again and this time I saw the email, clicked the link to allow the new server name and it’s working beautifully again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 1