Playback Correction Prompt

pir8radio

pir8radio

can we either have an option to disable the playback correction prompt (popup) or disable it?   I like that it can be manually selected in the options menu.. But i have lots of streams that take (sometimes) a long time to start from the originating server...  users click "YES" then break playback..   but if you click NO and just wait, it will start up on its own..     Or whatever other fix you think is appropriate.

pir8radio

What exactly does it even do? The few times that I've been prompted by it, It's never worked, and I get nothing. 

no clue,   but i know if you click it the stream NEVER loads, if you click no or leave it alone the stream will come up on its own...    Not sure what it actually does if anything,  might just send logs?

We can consider removing it if we're reasonably sure that it isn't needed anymore.

All it does is "fake" a player error and have the logic start to go through its fallback (like from direct stream to transcode).

It was instituted because there were streams that would simply "hang" but not report an error so you were just left waiting.  I think we may have nipped that issue so we can try taking it out.

• Like 1