FR: Auto-organize move subtitles files

TonkaTuff

Wheemer

I just played around a while with filebot, but it's not what I really would like.

I really wish I had a clue about how to start fixing the code. I'd be willing to donate $5 towards the effort, pretty broke right now.

What is it exactly you're trying to do Wheemer.  Can you provide an example of source file names?

Wheemer

All my video files have associated .txt and .srt files that share the exact same name as the video file, except for the extension. I would just like those moved as well. But for the sake of anyone else maybe it would be really nice if it just moved all files of the exact same name with any different extension?

Thank You

EDIT: I guess the tricky part is renaming them also according to how it renames the video file upon import, however I have no real clue.

Edited by Wheemer

Try using this format in Filebot for movies.  Add the movies, txt and subs and let Filebot create the folder and move the files.  That's what this format should do.

.\{ny}/{ny}{' CD'+pi}{subt}

Wheemer

I don't see how filebot is any solution since it seems like it must be manually run. I was in need of something more automated, that why I prefer to stick to the auto organize plugin.

I really could not even figure out filebot.

Thanks though. It's just too bad the Emby team doesn't take over these abandoned plugins considering the value they add to Emby.

It can be ran from the command line and made part of any scripting setup.

I have no idea what your pro-load Emby routine is so can't really help with that but do know it can do what you want.

daedalus
7 hours ago, cayars said:

It can be ran from the command line and made part of any scripting setup.

But embys auto organize can't, so in what way is your suggestion helping here?

You can point FileBot via script to a specific folder an run that script regularly via cronjob.

End result is the same as via Auto-Organizer

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 6:39 PM, neik said:

Do you get them named properly according to Emby standard? I just got ".srt" and not "eng.srt".

Do you mind sharing your command you're using to achieve that?

@cayars, I'll try it again:

Do you mind sharing?

Wheemer

I have what looks like good setting in the app now. It seems to want to move the txt and srt on it's own. However is it correct that I have to buy it to test it? No trial?

How do I call it from command line? Sorry for all the questions. I did goes through the faq but it still won't click with me.

Any version after 4.7.9 will require a purchase.  4.7.9 or earlier (still work) do not require a purchase but will prompt you to update (don't do it).  You can find 4.7.9 on many sites still.

I'd treat it like a test version.  Set it up and getting working then when you make it part of your pipeline and commit to it, make a purchase. :)

• Like 1

Wheemer

OK thanks a lot Cayars. I have a working format but it copies instead of moves, can't seem to figure that out.

Also how would I call it from commandline? Will it remember the settings I've got?

Thanks!

No special command you just process the subs just as the videos and it moves everything with the same base name to the movie.

Play with it in the GUI to get a feel for it first before working on the command line.

Wheemer

I was able to get this working very well. I appreciate your encouragement Cayars. It was a steep learning curve but I now have auto importing of my recordings along with the comskip and subtitles files. It's really troo bad to have to go this route as autoorganize was so close to being all that was needed.

Thanks!

Glad to hear you got it working!  Yep a bit of learning curve but well worth it for sure!

• Like 1