TV Shows not grouping

dcol

My TV shows are not grouping. I have them properly named and in the same folders, but every new show creates a new icon.

Also there are duplicates in the Episodes tab of the same show when there is only one file

Is there a way to refresh the database to correct these? I tried a library refresh in settings, didn't work.

I have my TV Show library folder set to D:/IPTV and that seems to work just fine.

Issue is I use a temp folder on the C: drive to do conversions and Emby is also pulling shows from that folder and putting them in the library.

I never added that folder to the  library. Whats up with that? Seems Emby is scanning all folders.

Edited by dcol

Hi there, please discuss an example and describe the issue in more detail. Please also show a screenshot to demonstrate the problem. thanks !

Think I know what happened, but not sure if it is a bug. I had some of the shows with XML files in the folder and some without. It grouped the shows into the ones with and another group for ones without an XML. I now make sure no shows have XML files and it seems to group correctly with that, except for another issue I have in another thread where the library has shows form a folder that was not defined in the library manager.

I have source coming from two places and dumped into a temp location where MCEBuddy does its thing then places the converted files into the library folder. Emby is picking up these shows from that temp folder and creating a library entry. Now there is a duplicate entry in the library.

Edited by dcol

It has nothing to do with xml files. It is all based on provider id's such as tvdb, imdb. You need to make sure they are exactly the same for the two shows in order for them to group.

Emby is picking up these shows from that temp folder and creating a library entry. Now there is a duplicate entry in the library.

Emby doesn't pick up anything unless you tell it to.

Then why did it pick up a show from a temp file on another drive? Also, when I deleted the show from the temp library it did not disappear from the library even though I did a library refresh. The only way I could get rid of it was to manually delete media.

Shouldn't a library refresh also check for removed shows? Seems to pick up shows, just not remove them unless you do it manually

Edited by dcol

Just did a test.

Removed the folder from the TV Show library. Now there are no folders defined. Copied a show from the library folder to the temp folder on C, and now that show is in the library.

Then removed the show from the folder, scanned library, and the show is still in the library.

Weird it picks up a temp folder from the C drive but not anything from where the library actually is located.

I have no folders defined in the library manager, yet it picks up a show from a temp folder.

Edited by dcol

The problem went away when I renamed the temp folder. The old name was C:\mediatemp and I could recreate the issue consistently using that folder.

The new name is C:\temp4media and the problem went away.

Here is the log and apparently it was looking in that folder

It is still looking there, but now gets an error in the Directory Watcher for c:\Mediatemp

How do I remove a folder from the Directory Watcher?

embyserver-63675886841.txt

I see the problem now. I had the recording folder set to c:\mediatemp. This folder should not be used for the TV Show library to add shows if you do not want it to. But I can see why it is used now.

I set it to this folder because it is the one I use for conversions. I do not want the TV Show library to use this folder, my conversion process will place the converted file in the real TV Show library when it has completed its work.

Now comes the big question. How do I get around this?

The recording folder will always become a real emby library, there is no configuration at this time to avoid this.

So my process is, all sources dump their TV Shows in this temp folder and MCEBuddy scans this folder, when it sees a show, it process it, then moves it to the TV Show library.

So want I need is for Emby to put all recordings in this temp folder but not have the folder scanned for media by the Movies or TV Show libraries.

Now if the removal of deleted media was automatic, then this would not be an issue. But the library does not remove shows automatically. Manual deletion only.

So want I need is for Emby to put all recordings in this temp folder but not have the folder scanned for media by the Movies or TV Show libraries.

The recordings folder becomes a regular library, so currently there is no way to do this.

I use MCEBuddy for conversion to MP4 and Comskip. If Emby could do this, I wouldn't have an issue either.

So until any one of these three items are available, I cannot use Ebmy to record shows.

1. Have Emby convert recordings to MP4 and process them through Comskip.

2. Have the library automatically scan for removed files and remove them from the library

3. Have an option to not have the library scan the recorded show folder.

Are any of these options in the near future plans?

Edited by dcol

Have the library scan for removed files and remove them from the library

This is already normal behavior.

I guess I just need to add a new schedule for the Scan Library. I set it to scan every 30 minutes. I will see how well that works

So what I did was create another temp folder for Emby recordings as to not catch shows from other sources. Then add that temp location to MCEBuddy to scan. Then I add a new schedule to scan the library every 30 minutes so it can remove the temp media files. This should work nicely.