6 replies to this topic

#1 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Local time: 12:48 AM

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:14 PM

Was wondering if there was a way to enable the channel numbers in the Live TV Channel guide on android? I have a lot of channels, searching them hangs up the server and scrolling through them I can easily get lost as to where I am in the lineup.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140105 posts
  • Local time: 11:48 PM

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:47 PM

It will show channel numbers on larger screens. We don't currently show them on phone layouts. We'd have to rethink the design a little bit in order to do that. Thanks.

#3 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the prompt response. I have noticed the numbering on my fire sticks and web interface devices. Android tablet suffers from lack of channel numbering also. Usually only need this feature when i am trying to setup a recording. Navigating to the channel itself via the channel tab could work if when selecting the channel the guide and listing information is incorporated in that?

I am not a developer so I am not sure how much time and thought it would take to reconsider designs like this, just some feedback from an end user pov.

#4 samuelqwe OFFLINE  

samuelqwe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Local time: 10:48 PM
  • LocationEarth, Milky Way

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the prompt response. I have noticed the numbering on my fire sticks and web interface devices. Android tablet suffers from lack of channel numbering also. Usually only need this feature when i am trying to setup a recording. Navigating to the channel itself via the channel tab could work if when selecting the channel the guide and listing information is incorporated in that?

I am not a developer so I am not sure how much time and thought it would take to reconsider designs like this, just some feedback from an end user pov.

You can also use to search feature to search for a channel or a specific program.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140105 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:57 PM

It's really just a question of what the layout would look like and what the trade-offs would be.

#6 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:09 PM

You can also use to search feature to search for a channel or a specific program.

I have tried the search feature, but with the current load times of the Guide, searching can hang up the server. Regardless if I terminate the search when I realize its beginning to freeze, it will stay frozen for a set amount of time until the search is complete.

#7 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140105 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

Search performance will be improved with the next release of the server, thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Live, TV, Live Tv, Channel, Numbers, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users