Movies not being marked as watched

GhostRider

GhostRider

Running MB3 server as a service version, Version 3.0.5211.41935 on Windows 7 PC.

Client is MBC and Chocolate theme, using an external player for MKV files.

If I watch a movie from MBC then it is flagged as watched OK. If I watch a trailer in MBC it automatically loads the main movie film once the trailer finishes (a feature I like). However, the main movie is then not marked as viewed.

Not sure where the issue lies, but I can reproduce it 100% of the time. Trailer and Movie both MKV files in same folder.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks

Tolerant

Curious, why are you watching MKV files on an external player? The latest K-Lite Codec Pack has 32 and 64 bit support which means it works with WMC / MB3 Classic.

GhostRider

I use PowerDVD as an external player for two main reasons:

1) Smart scaling of old aspect ratio films and TV series to wide screen. I prefer the smart scaling to black lines down the side.

2) Provides up-scaling of DVD films to near HD quality.

I am not an expert on Codecs, I did wonder if the LAV codecs would help, but I suspect it would not provide up-scaling. Would LAV or K-Lite offer such scaling features?

Edited by GhostRider

The behavior you are describing of playing the movie after the trailer actually sounds like a bug.  There is no such feature in MBC.

GhostRider

Oh!

Its definitely a nice bug  :D  - watching the trailer then auto loading the main film is good IMHO. The trailer gets in you into the movie and it saves having to go back to click on the main movie. Can this be added as an option in MBC - please :)

GhostRider

Thanks Ebr,

I have had a look at the MB Intros description. Is the following still a requirement? If so I don't think it will work in my specific case. My WMC setup cannot play MKV files natively and I use the external player feature in MBC classic to pass MKV files to PowerDVD.

I need to test my theory but I believe the reason when I play a trailer in PowerDVD that it then goes onto the actual movie file is that PowerDVD is treating the whole folder as an auto playlist. Just need to add more than two MKV files to a folder to test my theory.

Any video that is playable in the native environment (for MBC, must be playable by internal WMC player) can be setup as an introduction when playing movies.

Edited by GhostRider

The intro needs to be playable in the WMC player - not the main movie.  Pretty easy to get MKV files playing WMC.  Just install LAV.

GhostRider

Thanks Ebr,

I don't full understand codecs. If I install LAV will it just provide a MKV splitter and any codes to decode the various container files?

I use PowerDVD to upscale my DVD files, if I understand correctly LAV will play at native resolution directly in Windows Media Center. Hence I use PowerDVD to get the upscaling.

It won't do any upscaling.

If you install LAV, it should allow your trailers to play in the internal player via the intros plug-in.  You can continue to use the external player for your main content if you wish.

GhostRider

Hi

I tried LAV filters but it did not work well for me. The audio track was out of sync by approx 2 seconds with the video track.

LAV gets good feedback on these forums. Any thoughts on what could be causing this sync issue?