Recording disorganization.

tdiguy

This might simply be my own perception on the matter.

However i recently noticed the following:

I have a series that my wife likes to record occasional episodes of namely Autopsy. For example last night she recorded the one covering kurt cobain. Emby recorded it but it took me a while to find it because it decided to treat this like it was not part of the series. So for example in the file structure i have:

/<path>/Autopsy  The Last Hours Of (2014)/Season 7/

and there are 2 episodes in there, neither of which are kurt cobain.

Then there is:

/<path>/Nirvana's Kurt Cobain  His Final Days$

To me it should have made: /<path>/Autopsy  The Last Hours Of (2014)/Season 6/Autopsy  The Last Hours Of ... S06E02.ts

I assume this behavior is because it was recorded individually and not as a series. Is there a way to organize such recordings in a more automated fashion?

Thank you.

In this case it was recorded to /<path>/Nirvana's Kurt Cobain His Final Days$ rather than being recorded under autopsy. It seems to do this when an individual show is recorded rather than a series. It has also done this for the autopsy of the guy from sound garden. Rather than being an episode of autopsy it has its own folder.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

How odd, I didnt notice that before but autopsy does not show up in the guide at all it shows it as the last hours of so and so. I guess i would have to bring this up with SD.