Search by Channel Number

ssg99si

Hello, I've looked around and searched the forum and guide and haven't seen this request yet. Just wondering if this could be added as a feature. Some times its just easier to type the channel number and go. 

Thanks

Hi.  You don't really want to "search" by channel number but, rather, when in the guide be able to input a channel number and have it go directly to that channel, correct?

It would be very cool to be able to do an actual search this way:

"Channel 1010" or

"#1010"

And then get back everything in the EPG for that channel. 

And then get back everything in the EPG for that channel. 

Doesn't scrolling you to that channel in the guide do exactly that...?

Hmm.. not sure what would be the best option. Just a pain scrolling on roku, takes forever to get to the 800s. Maybe if there's another menu, under Live TV. So, All Channels, Search, Channel Entry. Although I know that would be a pain. Overall not a high priority. Emby is great, thanks for your hard work. 

Hmm.. not sure what would be the best option. Just a pain scrolling on roku, takes forever to get to the 800s. Maybe if there's another menu, under Live TV. So, All Channels, Search, Channel Entry. Although I know that would be a pain. Overall not a high priority. Emby is great, thanks for your hard work. 

If there are a few channels you watch a lot you could either mark them as favorites and enable the option to sort favorites to the top or change the guide sort order to "Last Played".

Doesn't scrolling you to that channel in the guide do exactly that...?

Yes it does but it can be much easier to search then goto live tv, grid, scroll, etc.