Movie overview is terribly slow

schogobong

schogobong

Hi guys,

So in the last couple of days I started having issues with the movies overview. It has suddenly become incredibly slow. I am talking about 5 seconds for scrolling just one "tick" on my mouse's scrolling wheel and I have to wait for 11 seconds if I hover over a movie just to get that play button that appears on the poster.

I am experiencing no issues on the starting page, the tv shows page, the movie details page or any other page.

I have just uninstalled ffmpeg, QMono and Emby and re-installed all of them (QMono before Emby).

Another issue that I have noticed (and I am primarily adding this in case this may have anything to do with it) is that I am unable to scroll in the server settings. So if any of the settings go beyond the height of my screen (e.g. Transcoding settings or plugin catalogue) I am pretty much unable to access them.

I have a QNAP TS-431P running the following:

- Qmono 5.12.0.266 (it tells me that there is an update, but if I try to update it tells me that it is incompatible)

- ffmpeg 4.0.2 (most current)

- Emby 3.5.2.0 (this is the most current one for my NAS, if I try to install emby-server-qnap-mono_3.6.0.57_arm-x41.qpkg from the emby website it tells me that it is not compatible.

Would be great if somebody could help me out, as this pretty much renders the emby-webapp useless for me (at least for movies) :/

schogobong

So I did some more digging and figured out that the issue is primarily on the desktop version of Google Chrome.

- No issues on the Android version of chrome (yet still issues with scrolling in the settings)

- No issues with MS Edge (also no issues with scrolling in the settings)

May that information be of any additional help?

schogobong

Thanks for your reply Luke.

I didn't change anything within Emby, all of the sudden it just became really slow on the movies page (as I mentioned, no issues on the TV Shows page or other pages). There was a recent QNAP update (to FW 4.3.5.0728), however I do not believe that this is the issue, as it is still working fine on my phone and in MS Edge.

I have a bit over 2'000 movies, which could have an influence. However, there were no issues before and I doubt that the 2 or 3 movies I recently added would cause the issue. Moreover, only 100 movies are displayed at a time and I'm again not experiencing any issues with Edge or on my phone.

It kind of seems as if this were tied to Chrome. But maybe that's just a coincidence.

Please find the logs below and let me know if you need any other information from me :)

Systemlog.txt

Try removing the kodi sync plugin as well as turning off the server's dlna features. Are you sure the x41 package is the right one based on what our website says?

schogobong

DLNA is not activated on my server (at least not to my knowledge - the dnla media server is disabled). I uninstalled the sync plugin, but the issue persists.

I'm assuming that it's the right package due to the following two reasons:

- It is the one being offered automatically through the Qnap App Center (with the QNAPclub store repository installed added)

- With another (qmono-related) issue somebody in the emby forum told me I needed to look for x41 packages.

I'm referring to the packages on our website. The qnap club package is community maintained and not built by us.

schogobong

Well the thing is...after uninstalling everything I first tried it with the x31 package from your website. The Installation went just fine, but I couldn't connect to emby. I just got an error that the site can't be reached.

Then I tried the x41 pqckage from your website, which couldn't be installed due to the architecture.

So I went back to the package suggested in the QNAPclub store which works - kinda.

schogobong

For some reason it didn't work for me. I just got the standard browser error message that the site can't be reached. No matter if I clicked on the Emby icon through the QNAP web interface or by typing in my local or remote IP address. All of these worked before and work now with the community package.