Proper way to shutdown Emby from command line or API call

ddurdle

ddurdle

Is there a proper way to shutdown emby "programically" so that it closes the library.db?

I use "/usr/sbin/service emby-server restart" to restart daily. Running "/usr/sbin/service $instance stop" actually leaves the library.db in an unclosed state.  Stopping emby from the shutdown button in the web ui doesn't have this issue.  I'd like to incorporate a procedure to backup the library.db file when I restart each day for quick recovery when needed.

mastrmind11

Is there a proper way to shutdown emby "programically" so that it closes the library.db?

I use "/usr/sbin/service emby-server restart" to restart daily. Running "/usr/sbin/service $instance stop" actually leaves the library.db in an unclosed state.  Stopping emby from the shutdown button in the web ui doesn't have this issue.  I'd like to incorporate a procedure to backup the library.db file when I restart each day for quick recovery when needed.

Open developer tools in Chrome and hit the button.  Should show you the command being sent to the server via the shutdown button.  Presumably you can just curl that command from the cli.  Just a thought.

PenkethBoy

@ddurdle 

the end point you want is

"/system/shutdown" but it requires authorisation by an Admin Account

if successful you will get a 204 status code from your Post

its in swagger so you can test there

• Like 1