Theme music

tuvx

The theme music does not stop when you navigate from the details screen once started. Worse, even exiting Emby does not stop the music. I have to go to Playlists or Collections to get it to stop. Not sure the benefit of looping the theme music, but if you cannot easily fix the issue maybe just stop the looping.

adamstewiegreen

Yeah, I have the same problem.  I think the theme music just playing once is fine...

This happens every time?

Are you, by chance, quickly entering and exiting the details screen?  Can you make the problem occur if you stay on the detail screen for several seconds?

Every time. It does not matter how long you stay on the details screen.

The issue should be resolved, but in addition you should remove the looping function. Sometimes I am navigating through a TV series to find an episode and it is super annoying that the music never ends!

Every time. It does not matter how long you stay on the details screen.

If that is the case then I really have no idea what would be causing that and I cannot reproduce it.

Ok, fair enough; hard to fix an issue if you are unable to reproduce. Lets say it must be an issue with the device OS (I have reproduced on five different devices; 3 2nd generation Fire sticks and 2 2nd generation Fire TVs).

Since you cannot fix it, how about stopping the looping (at least give an option to turn off loop)?

Edited by tuvx

adamstewiegreen

Thanks ebr.

Mine plays until I go to a screen that isn't the main menu (except settings). So its not a huge deal but turning off loop will help a lot because if I quit emby with a theme song playing it keeps going on and on in the fire tv menu.

I have the same issue with JRiver's Gizmo that I use for music; need to stop before hitting home or it keeps playing, so maybe an issue with the fire stick in general.

I looked into this issue a little more and noticed it is not isolated to theme music.

If you play something from your music library, and navigate away (from Emby), it keeps playing as well. I searched a bit and read a few posts from Amazon describing the situation. I am not an Android/Fire TV developer, so forgive me if I am way off, but are you listening for loss of focus ( AudioManager.onAudioFocusChangeListener() )?

If you play something from your music library, and navigate away (from Emby), it keeps playing as well.

This is by design.  We allow you to play back music in Emby while you use the device for other purposes.

could you change just the theme music to stop on loss of focus?

We already do this.  The issue you are having is only affecting some people and may be device or OS version specific.

I haven't reproduced it yet (works fine for me in my testing).

• 2 weeks later...

Okay a new user provided the missing piece to this puzzle. The music not stopping when backing out only happens if you accessed the item with the music directly from the home screen as opposed to a library view.

We should be able to address that.

Thanks.

Another issue with your implementation of theme music... if you are relatively quick in opening Emby and resuming a TV show, the theme music may play over the video. Seems like you should be stopping any other media before playing something else (if possible). 

Seems like you should be stopping any other media before playing something else (if possible). 

We already do exactly that.

How quickly are you starting playback?  Maybe video playback is starting before the audio can even be started (although, I've never been able to make that happen).

Not that quickly, but the video did show the loading spinner for a few seconds. Not a major issue, just bringing to your attention.