Amazon X-Ray like feature

tuvx

Mike5123

The user is talking about prime xray. Basically it's an overlay on the video that shows actor information when they appear on scene, along with music/soundtracks that are playing. I don't believe a database exists for this kind of feature, so it would likely not be possible to implement into emby.

Exactly, you have the info button now which shows description, but would be nice to have an icon to show actors and allow opening their info screens (as overlay, so hitting play resumes). You already have the actor screens, my request is to just allow access while watching a show.

Edited by tuvx

If you login with a mobile app while watching on TV, that content will appear in Continue watching. If you click on that, isn't' that the same thing as what you're asking?

We understand that, but that simply is not going to be possible because we don't have that kind of data available.

It may be possible, to just have the ability to see the actor list from the OSD though.

I realize the quality of Amazon's feature may not be feasible, that is not what I am asking (I simply am using their feature as an example).

I am requesting that the Emby actor list be accessible while watching a movie/TV Show. While I have not examined your code in depth, I would think this very possible; the challenge would be allowing a user to immediately resume playing.

Where is it not accessible?

He wants a button on the OSD that will bring up the actors while the video is still playing.

EMC/MB2 had this but we haven't added it to any other apps at this point.

• 5 years later...
MrBronte

Hello,

was here any further update or delivery from Emby side?

Thank You!

MrBronte

image.png.76a825d02b16d7109968c39478e42a3c.thumb.png.372eb59ee059310b49d037c2ed3c6c97.pngrefering to:

Edited by MrBronte

Hi.  I believe all of our apps have the ability to show information about the actors defined in the metadata for a particular item now.  There is no source of information on exactly what actors are appearing on screen at any given time, however.

sydlexius

That would require some impressive ML to do facial, or voice (or both) recognition just to identify unique artifacts for each "scene", then come up with logic to adjust thresholds, then match them to known entities from TMDB, TVDB, IMDB etc.  I'm not sure how Amazon collects their data for X-ray (especially since it can contain bits of trivia that isn't always found on IMDB), but I'll bet they have more people on staff to process metadata being handed over from production companies than Emby has coders...I don't even want to know how many man hours they put into coding the different pipelines for the whole kit and caboodle!  Nevertheless, it's a neat feature that really differentiates them from their competitors.