Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

-------------------------------

Thecus N5550

Format XFS

------------------------------

Emby Server   

Version 3.5.3.0 

------------------------------   

Okay I have a collection of music that are tag by iTune over the years with there correct info, and yes the tags are embedded into each and every file, with album image, since the file are m4a file's, with that, the music is structured to both Plex and Emby and iTune requirements. Just the same with my movie collection, however the search patterns fair's much better with movies as much as I had hoped, but the music section, this is where I think the program import "Title" name pattern of any given album becomes a problem and the wrong Title info is imported to the search pattern becomes useless. As you must be aware that certain formats on any linux & windows or MAC system, Network Protocols, have a blacklist of characters which are not permitted. Since my music resides on a NAS with XFS as the default format , it has it's own blacklist characters requirements which must be met by any file naming scheme. Now the Title scanned by both iTune and Plex are pretty accurate, Emby is struggling with this very issue it self. Is this a bug or or is there another method to the Title scheme?

Cheers

post-345790-0-48534300-1539958664_thumb.jpg

post-345790-0-63460400-1539958675_thumb.jpg

post-345790-0-97338800-1539961864_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redback

Hi there, can you please discuss an example? Thanks !

Illegal NTFS Characters: <> : " ? / \ | ? *

Illegal SMB/CIFS Characters: + = { } , ;

Illegal Linux Characters: :

Illegal Unix Characters: :

The images that I provided, are example of this very issue, any Artist name, Album folder or Tracks name with any legal characters as in the image is either ignored or the search pattern has no method with which to handle legal characters, this is highly depend on the user system format for where the folder or files resided. Where the problem lays is that when Musicbrainz or any other search sites, they will have various characters in the naming scheme on their database, this is all well and good when it comes to tagging files with the various info to embed into the files, however this doesn't translate to rename folder/files with their illegal characters. Hence, the program that handle's the audio's files for tagging and rename is program to conform with the legal system characters.

In the piece of image all the folders and file will have legal characters "_" and this is were the search fails in some or all cases, the character may be represented by "_" for ":",  the colon is part of the naming scheme in Musicbrainz, however the colon is one of the illegal characters for several different system, on Unix and Linux the he colon serves as a delimiter on many variables that list paths. It is just a character that is chosen by convention for that purpose.

The sample below is an example of this very issue with regards to search pattern.

post-345790-0-78209600-1540033449_thumb.jpg

post-345790-0-76683500-1540033457_thumb.png

Edited by Redback

I have also found it unusual, that you do not subscribe to other music database sites like Discogs, Allmusic, to name but a few and then there are the Classical or Opera database sites to cover for those who do have this genre, but alas this is not the case, then for the these users, therefore, their albums will remain sterile of there rightful glorious information. 

Please remember that even if the Artists is in the Musicbrainz database, this do not mean they have the entire Discography of the Artist works, I have found some album to be missing in the Musicbrainz database.

And I have no wish to fill out the entire form in Musicbrainz just for the album/s, however, I do fill this info in Freedb for the simple reason thats some apps have the ability to upload the whole album/s information on the fly.

Edited by Redback