Multi-part Episodes

Glyde62

Glyde62

Now that Metabrowser has Multi-part Episode support I was wondering if MediaBrowser, is going to have support mulfor it at anytime .

At the moment it just shows up as one episode, Though it does say both episodes names and Summary

Redshirt

I think he's asking if MBC will eventually take a multi-part file and break it out into individual episodes rather than showing one concatenated episode. I'd say the answer is no. 

Oh, no I don't have any plans for that.  There would be no way to play the subsequent episodes. 

If anything like that ever were to be implemented, it should be on the server but I don't know how we would know where each episode was in the file.

GhostRider

I think XBMC handles this by saying in the metadata that part n+1 starts x seconds from the start.

It would be handy if this could be implemented e.g. for cliff hanger episodes that span end of a series and the start of next series. E.g. Star Trek tends to sell these as movie collections and getting metadata is a choice of one of the parts at the moment.

File name would be something like: s01e16s02e01

Edited by GhostRider