This is interesting... Sort of

chef

I have a middle of the road projector in my theater/server room.

It projects 1080p at 50hz so the inage quality isn't great, but it's not bad.

It runs an Android OS.

What is horrible about it is the 100mb/s network card, and the less then adequate WiFi card in the thing.

The DLNA features on the thing is pretty substandard.

I did the only thing I could, I attached a Chromecast to the thing.

The only other issue with my setup for the projector is that I "bluetoothed" the projector to a sound bar under the screen.

I thought "this should work! It's not great but it fits my needs".

But, as good as the picture was, there was no sound! Frak!

Some videos would play fine, some would not. Codec issue! The sound bar probably couldn't understand the audio stream.

I found the settings for my Chromecast under embys dlna profile settings and set it to mp3.

Still no sound.

A few days have past, and I couldn't figure it out.

Finally I changed the "default" dlna profile to transcode to mp3 and behold... Audio!

The only thing I am wondering now is if all the other devices will now trandscode to mp3 instead of the AAC codec it was set to before?

Thought I'd mention it because the profile for the Chromecast wasn't the profile I had to change inorder to control the audio codec during transcoding.

I'm just happy I can watch a movie at 200 inches with audio.

Edited by chef

Not sure but our Chromecast app will not be affected by any dlna changes. Your Chromecast may support generic dlna, which will.

Not sure but our Chromecast app will not be affected by any dlna changes. Your Chromecast may support generic dlna, which will.

Okay I can see what's happening now. Thanks very much.

• 1 month later...

If you enable DLNA debug you will see what the User-Agent Header looks like. You could then modify the Chromecast profile to capture that Header. If you have multiple Chromecasts you can further narrow down that one profile using Identification entries.

Modifying a System DLNA profile creates the modified one in the DLNA/User directory. These are searched first for a match.