What is the best device for TV emby, Hauppauge modelo ?

edwinuscamm

edwinuscamm

¿Quisiste decir "Cual es el mejor dispositivo para TV emby?"?
What is the best device for TV emby?

What is the best device for TV emby?
I'm thinking of buying, Hauppauge.
I want to know which of these Hauppauge models, is the best to connect the largest number of users, simultaneously. Someone who has already had experience with this THANK YOU

----Hauppauge 1512 HD-PVR 2 

----Hauppauge 1512 HD-PVR 2 High Definition Personal Video Recorder with Digital Audio (SPDIF) and IR Blaster Technology

Which of these two models is the best?

Hi.  We support Happauge tuners but only Windows.

At this time, our best support is for the Silcon Dust HDHR network tuners.

Thanks.

edwinuscamm

but the Silcon duST, can you put ANALOG channels?

I have bought an HDHOMERUN and it does not detect ANALOG channels

Hauppauge 1512 HD-PVR 2 is a capture device and not a tuner.  It uses an IR blaster to change channels on a cable or satellite box.

It is ONE recording at a time and will require one set top box per Hauppauge 1512 HD-PVR 2 

If you are looking for an analog TUNER and not a capture device then you could check the WinTV-HVR-955Q & WinTV-HVR-1975/1955 which are both USB devices.

Are you sure you need ANALOG vs DIGITAL?

Where do you live (country) and is this for OTA (over the air), cable or satellite capture/reception?

@@Luke can you comment if any of these devices are directly supported by Emby or if he would need to use an Emby Plugin such as NextPVR to use these in Emby.

Edited by cayars

I'm actually not 100% sure, although I would think in the WinTV software supports those tuners, then Emby will too.

• 2 weeks later...
Rickdunn

Hey guys, 

Before I got out and buy a 2intv 8.5 license: does it need to be 8.5 ? I have an HVR-2250 and wintv 7 install, and Emby can't seem to see it. I'm still testing out Emby so was wondering if it has to be 8.5, or previous version should work.

Thanks,

Eric.

Rickdunn

Thanks for the response, but I really wanted to know if v7 works. Which after reinstalling the evrything from scratch and reconfiguring it all, it does. I do have a problem with it though, but thatès for a new topic.

Thanks.