Can you run MBC and Theater on the same machine?

swindmiller

swindmiller

I am thinking of switching from MyMovies to MB. I already have Server and Classic installed and working. Can I install Theater on the same machine to try it out?

I use Media Center for live TV and recording so I assume I want Classic w/Media Center. Theater would not do live TV, right?

Thanks,

Scott

swindmiller

Thanks for the fast reply. I like the look of Theater but don't want to loose the functionality. I will try out Theater and keep my eye out for Live TV.

pmac

Square theme is very similar to MBT, although I find it doesn't look quite as polished. I think it's the large fonts, and dark gray backgrounds that make it seem a little too "in your face".

aspdend

I use MBC on my htpc for day to day use as the themes and functionality have a high WAF. I also have MBT installed on the same machine, but use it only rarely if I am having a specific issue on MBC (with a theme not working or something similar) and need to keep the wife happy watching something until I can sort out MBC. I am hoping that when MBT is more mature and more themes are available I will be able to switch over entirely to that...

swindmiller

Thanks for the replies.

Aspdend, What theme keeps your wife happy :) I am switching from MyMovies so I need to make sure it's something my wife will like.

aspdend

Thanks for the replies.

Aspdend, What theme keeps your wife happy :) I am switching from MyMovies so I need to make sure it's something my wife will like.

Generally we use ROC, but when there are issues with ROC (like the recent jerkyness in coverflow view) we use NEO...

Deihmos

Thanks for the replies.

The default theme 'Chocolate' is very nice. My wife has no issues using it. I

Just FYI - neo has not been updated with any of the new MB3 features (chapters, specials, user switching, etc.)