200GB Transcoding Folder

ShadowKindjal

ShadowKindjal

Is it normal for a transcoding folder to use 200GB and is there anyway to limit the amount of storage it can use?

5bc4faf8653f4_Capture.png

ShadowKindjal

If you do restart Emby the folder should be cleaned.

Restarting the server has no effect on the folder size

Well, does on my side, so I thought it would have the same effect on your side.

You will have to wait for a dev then. ;-)

Edited by neik

Restarting the server has no effect on the folder size

The server is probably being denied access to delete files within that folder.

• 1 month later...
ShadowKindjal

I just wanted to report back on this issue. I deleted all the transcoding files and my server has been running great since then until a couple days ago. It was the same issue as before. My transcoding folder was over 200GB and restarting the server had no effect on its size even. I checked the folder permissions as well and everything is in order. Is there anything else that could cause this?

My transcoding folder was over 200GB and restarting the server had no effect on its size even

Sounds permission related, as if the server is unable to delete files from underneath there.

ShadowKindjal

That's what I thought it was too but I fixed the permission issue when I originally had this issue a couple months back

mgworek

I ran into this issue last night and it ending up screwing up my Emby setup. I removed all the files and restarted emby. It brought me to the wizard screen like it was a fresh install.

I have a backup from 2 weeks ago but what a pain.

ShadowKindjal

I ran into this issue last night and it ending up screwing up my Emby setup. I removed all the files and restarted emby. It brought me to the wizard screen like it was a fresh install.

I have a backup from 2 weeks ago but what a pain.

Random things on my server seemed to be messed up since this happened. I somehow lost three months of metadata and three users. My server backups were no help either. 

mgworek

Random things on my server seemed to be messed up since this happened. I somehow lost three months of metadata and three users. My server backups were no help either. 

All my database files are still there. it looks like everything should be ok. Guess I will do some searching to see if there is a way around the wizard.

Is your server running in a VM or straight linux install? Mine is a VM. It should have the correct permissions but I can't do any testing till I get the server running again.

ShadowKindjal

All my database files are still there. it looks like everything should be ok. Guess I will do some searching to see if there is a way around the wizard.

Is your server running in a VM or straight linux install? Mine is a VM. It should have the correct permissions but I can't do any testing till I get the server running again.

Mine's a straight linux install. I noticed Luke said that they made some changes to the libraries in the latest beta so I decided to update and start fresh. Currently scanning in my entire library again.