FTV question

kanipek

kanipek

Please forgive my ignorance. I am pretty well versed in the use of the ATV app.

Fairly new to FTV. Also fairly new to viewing from remote devices.

The app (.15) performed flawlessly for my recent trip to a relatives.

I noticed a couple of things - I was getting Direct/I for everything I watched from my library. I noticed stats for nerds noted transcoding and also there was no rewind/reverse button.

Can someone clarify - should I be able to rewind? Is it truly a direct play?

I have my server set to 2Mbps for streaming.

Thanks

Hi.  When using the Fire TV, we don't display the jump ahead/back buttons on the OSD because the Fire remote has FF and Rew buttons on it.  Did you try using those buttons?

CBers

Hi. When using the Fire TV, we don't display the jump ahead/back buttons on the OSD because the Fire remote has FF and Rew buttons on it. Did you try using those buttons?

When coming from a Shield, or any device that doesn't have FF/RW buttons on the remote, it's not entirely intuitive that why you don't see those controls though.

I totally understand why, but not immediately intuitive.

kanipek

Hi.  When using the Fire TV, we don't display the jump ahead/back buttons on the OSD because the Fire remote has FF and Rew buttons on it.  Did you try using those buttons?

I did not - It was dark in the room and not that familiar with the FTV remote. Good to know though. Thanks.

That is reason that the directional pad doesn't work also, correct? (for rewind/ff)

Edited by kanipek

adamstewiegreen

Can we please display these because things happen.  For instance, my 2 year old is now in the habit of hiding the firetv remote (and only that one for some reason) and when I use my TV remote to control my firetv I don't have access to jump ahead/back buttons.

Other things could happen too: my battery could die and I have no replacements or a button could stop working - or it simply could be out of reach and I am far to lazy to get up and get it when there is a perfectly good remote within reach.

Thanks.