Reminder: Magnum P.I. tonight

Carlo

For those with issues recording the new Magnum PI check your schedule.

Even though it's a new episode my system won't record it as a series.  Killed it and reset it, still no dice (I think due to old series).

I created a manual recording of just this weeks show which worked.

So I thought I'd post a reminder for you to check if you record this.

DarWun

For those with issues recording the new Magnum PI check your schedule.

Even though it's a new episode my system won't record it as a series.  Killed it and reset it, still no dice (I think due to old series).

I created a manual recording of just this weeks show which worked.

So I thought I'd post a reminder for you to check if you record this.

I'm not sure if this applies in your case. But I have episodes from the first three seasons of the original 80's Magnum, P.I. series in my library.  I had a series recording set up for the new series, with options selected to record new episodes only and not to record episodes already in my library. With these settings, episodes were not automatically being scheduled for recording. I had to select them individually to force them to record. I eventually found that if the option for not recording episodes already in my library was disabled, new episodes for the 2018 series would automatically be added to the recording schedule. Even though the original series is in my library as "Magnum, P.I. (1980)" and the new series is in my library as "Magnum P.I. (2018)", the live tv scheduling for recordings treats them as being the same series.

I should add that I'm pulling the guide data from Schedules Direct with an HD Homerun tuner.  The guide identifies the recent Magnum P.I. 2018 Season 1 episodes as new. But Emby doesn't detect them as new on account of there already being the corresponding episode in my library for Magnum, P.I. (1980) Season 1.

Edited by DarWun

Yes, my situation is similar to yours with (I have original series).  You have to disable the "check existing" box even though it's marked as NEW.

That also shows it's matching the wrong series on disk so it would not work to record missing episodes for us.