Watching the Same Stream With 2 Different Devices

mit3gt

I am having issues steaming the same channel on 2 different devices. Specifically, a Galaxy S8 & iPhone 8. The iPhone 8 was watching a channel, then the s8 began watching the same channel. The iPhone 8 then started pausing and becoming unwatchable. I then flipped the scenario. I played a channel on the S8 then had the iPhone 8 start playing the same channel. The S8 continued to play fine while iPhone 8 was very choppy. I also tried playing the same channel on a Roku. The Roku and the iPhone 8 both played the same channel fine, same with the S8. The problem only arises when my S8 and iPhone 8 try to play the same channel at the same time. The S8 always works and the iPhone 8 always plays back choppy. Worth noting, this only happens when trying to play the same channel on both devices. The problem does not occur if the 2 mobile devices are playing different channels.

@@mit3gt, have you looked at the dashboard to see how each device is playing the file?

Sounds like the iPhone might be requiring transcoding due to the video codec which is bogging down the system???

The logs will tell you what's going on but even without them you can usually get a good high level idea of this from the dashboard itself.