Partial Refund Emby Premiere

Embyebye

Embyebye

I hoped the full Premiere feature would solve these 2 big problems for me, but it did not:

- There is no Wake Feature feature in Adroid TV app.

this means my childeren have to ask my everytime to use my Android phone to start the Emby App , and push 'Wake up'  . This is very annoying! Can you imagen please...

- There is no feature 'play all videos' in Android TV App. 

Also very very very annoying, because my private videos are only 10 seconds long! I want to say on a folder : 'play all'.

In the case you think you can fix these problems this year, please tell me so.

If you can't fix it this year, I think the full license fee is way to much , because off the missing feature in Adroid TV app, that's why I am asking a refund of 50% . Because I am 50% happy, and 50% ennoyed with Emby.

I hope you contact me by mail to ask my emailaddress/key ?

kind regards,

Marco

maegibbons

Do you want to carry on using emby despite these issues?

If not - then whilst you should of had a monthly trial to establish suitability, then your proposal is reasonable and the devs may accept.

If you do want to carry on using it  - then no - why should you get a discount compared to everybody else?

We all have a wish list of things that we want to have developed!

The annual/lifetime subscriptions are more than reasonably priced for the functionality you get.

Krs

Mark

WilhelmStroker

Plus, if you search the forums, wake on lan for Android TV is coming:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/62508-wol-wake-on-lan-option-missing-android-tv-mi-box-3/

and agree with what maegibbons says, we all have wishlists and features we want developed or things that may not work perfectly but that's no reason for a discount..

• Like 1

Hi.  WoL is in the next release of the app (now in beta).

As for playing all videos, have you tried hitting the "Play" button on your remote while hovered over a library or folder?

5bc1d66e87453_playallvideos.png

• Like 1

Embyebye

@EBR:

1. Is it possible to get the Beta App please?

2. And I need the 'play all' in a subfolder inside a Library. I never play all of a  library .

I have a subfolder like 'Bumba', or '2018' , This kind of subfolders I want to play all. 

Embyebye

Thank you for share the Beta link!

I now using the Beta version and I see now a button 'Wake up', but it's not working :(   I reboot my Mi Box 3 , tried again to wake up, still not working. So I had to take my Smartphone again.

And I do not have a real 'play' button on my remote control.

On the wake issue, what version of the server are you using?  I tested this functionality here and it did wake my server fine.  Oh, also, is it on the local LAN?  I don't believe it will work across a WAN.

As for the play button, what device are you using?

Embyebye

Server is on Windows 10, version: 3.5.3.0

Yes it's on LAN

using the Beta App on : Mi Box 3 

Phone is on 2.Ghz....and Mi Box on 5Ghz...maybe that is the problem?

On smartphone when server is offline, I push the server and it gives me a little menu.

When I push server button on the app on Mi Box 3...I have to wait...wait..20 seconden...then the App will give a popup with the wake up button...I wished he did not try and could give me the menu right away.

If I can give you some logs, just ask me

Unfortunately, the Mi is the one device that has no way of generating a "play" action from the remote.  Instead, try holding down the select button for one second.  You should get a menu now with play options on it.

For the wake action, most people's servers are awake most of the time while using the system so I chose to not force you to click twice to select a server 100% of the time for an operation that may only be needed 5% of the time.

I don't know why the beta would not be waking your server though if the Android app does.  Perhaps there is something about the Mi that is blocking it...

Can you try the wake operation, let it fail, then wake your server, then select it on the Mi and, on the next screen hit the "Send logs" button and come back and tell me here exactly what time you did that?

Thanks.