Roku thumbnails fails while recording is in progress

twiggy2cents
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

twiggy2cents

So it looks like when the server starts thumbnail generation when the recording starts, they all seem to fail.  If I delete the .bif and re-run it it will generate correctly.  If it matters I have full speed conversion set in the sync settings, I dont know if that affects the plugins speed.  For the record these are .ts from HDHR with no converting done.  I can grab logs later if needed, currently the log is big from other things so I will wait for another recording.

jfgilliam

Not to hijack your thread, but it seems relevant. I was wondering if we could use the Auto Organize plugin to monitor the external folders such as (HDHR and PlayOn) and move them to a folder that is monitored by Emby, yet wait until they are finished?

• 3 months later...
twiggy2cents

Just waiting on the download page to update to 4.0 for Linux builds and was thinking, was this addressed and fixed?  Also will it run while recording or is it now scheduled like a post processing job?

ThePaladinTech

Is this why you cannot fast forward recorded shows

Answering my own question for others: YES

I deleted the bif file and I can move through the recording.

Edited by ThePaladinTech

twiggy2cents

If you have the thumbnails set to run automatically for a recording it previously would start when the recording started and fail with a very small file.  I have mine changed to only run in the middle of the night.  Luke said this was addressed in the beta a while back so I assume it is fixed in this release.

With Emby Server 4.0, the Roku thumbnail plugin will no longer try to create thumbnails for recordings that are in progress. Thanks.