Library not updating, telling me to manually sync

sdamaged

sdamaged

Good afternoon chaps

I've noticed recently that new shows / movies are not appearing.  If i reset the local DB it then works, for a time, then i get the same issue

I'm on the latest version of Emby, and i've attached my Kodi log file as requested

I'm not running any junk IPTV / dodgy addons inside Kodi, its purely for network file access and a pretty stock build.

Can someone take a quick look and see if its something obvious?

thanks

kodi.log

Edited by sdamaged

highonascii

Make sure server is newest beta and kodi companion is also up to date up to date. My updates are coming in fine, so I don't think its the addon.

Angelblue05

There is a server change in .55 that prevents the addon from running at all. That could explain the lack of updates, but without the server version, it's impossible to say if that is the issue you are facing. I am going to post a new build soon.

sdamaged

Server version is 3.5.3.0 (inside docker via unRAID), and Kodi version is 3.1.30a

thanks for assisting chaps

Edited by sdamaged

Angelblue05

Can you turn off Kodi, edit metadata via your webclient. Then turn on Kodi, wait a few minutes and provide your Kodi log. Thank you.

sdamaged

Ok done this.  Emby addon is telling me "Warning there are XX number of updates pending" etc . Happens almost every time i log in

Very odd

kodi.log

Edited by sdamaged

Angelblue05

I don't understand what's the issue? Is new content still not appearing? You are clearly receiving updates. The message gives you a chance to back out and manually sync which is faster if the amount of updates is great. You can just proceed ahead and it will sync as usual. You can also control this notification in the addon settings > sync options > Under Kodi companion. Set the number to a value you want, or if you don't care, making it a high number like 10,000.

sdamaged

Ok so the issue is that there is always content missing.  My wife logs on using the childrens account, and new tv shows that have been downloaded for them are missing. She then logs on as the adult account, and again, lots of TV show episodes are missing.  Happened again last night.

This used to work perfectly up to a few weeks back.  To me, this sync message seems to suggest there is an issue with content updating, otherwise why would i have over 5400 pending updates in only a couple of days?  Also, when this message appears what are your options?

It says "This may take a little while before seeing content. It might be faster to update your libraries by launching the Emby Addon > Update Libraries. Proceed anyway?

When it says the Emby Addon, where exactly is this, as i can't see an option to "update libraries"

Angelblue05

You have two options, proceed as usual or update libraries. You can find this option via launching the addon. That should bring up your missing content.

Yes that is a huge number of updates which sounds incorrect unless you've just upgraded your server from 3.5 to 3.6, but it should only happen once or twice and settle down.

What is your server version? Server or user interaction generate these events. I doubt you've watched 5400 items in a few days. Do you use nfos? If so, is the date modified recent for stuff you know you haven't touched in a while? I have another user with similar issues, we are trying to figure out what keeps updating his nfos daily triggering the server to reupdate all of his content.

Anyway, keep me posted on your finding. And btw, that dialog you can control in the addon settings > sync options, change the number to something really high if you want the dialog to never trigger.

Edited by Angelblue05

sdamaged

Just out if interest, where are you seeing the update library option inside the addon?  When i go to my Kodi addons, and the Emby app, i see the option to Open the app, update, disable or configure.

Obviously configure takes me into the actual add on, where i can change all the settings.  I cannot see an option to update the library though.  Unless i'm going mad

What's odd, is that the Kids user profile seems to be working, as i added some new shows and they appeared right away.  The adults profile though has loads of episodes missing, but when i browse to the location manually, i can see the episodes are there

Maybe i need to do a full uninstall of the Emby Media Server software on my server, and reinstall from scratch.  Pain in the neck, but would stop my wife complaining at me every day about it :-)

Edited by sdamaged

Angelblue05

No not at all. To launch the addon, you select open. You'll see all your libraries, and the update library option in that listing towards the bottom [emoji4] keep me posted. Do not touch your server.

Edited by Angelblue05