Emby Server[Docker] - Startup Options

backmail

backmail

Hi,

Is there any way to provide the following values to the emby server at startup or through a script without manual interventions

External domain:

Public HTTPS port number:

Public HTTP port number

- password for the user created at init wizard

Usecase: If anybody hosts the emby server in the remote servers, all the above steps have to be manually done, to access the emby servers using host names. Is there anyway to make this process easier to provide all these values as server startup parameters please? Also the user that gets created is not having password, and it users might not remember to set passwords when tehy expose it publicly.

I am willing to dig in to the server code, and create a pull request if the above features are not present, if somebody points me in the right direction please

Thanks in Advance.

It's not supported at this time, but you could handle the first three via the server's config file.

backmail

Cant seem to find the documentation around Server config file. Is the config file at /etc/emby-server.conf ?

If you have few minutes, can you please point me to the documentation about conf file please? if not a simple example will help a lot.

thanks in advance.

We don't have documentation about them because we just expect everyone to use the web interface.

It will be in the servers program data folder, then the config folder under that.