How to Show Collections Inline?

Chyron

Chyron

I'm organizing my TV shows, and added the various Star Trek series to a single "Star Trek" collection. Although the collection does show up under the Collections media tab, it doesn't show up in TV Shows nor are the included shows hidden.

How do I fix this?

Edited by chyron8472

Chyron

Hmm... I could have sworn there already was an option for it, or at least that there used to be.

So is this a bug, or am I just confused thinking that this was once a feature?

Edited by chyron8472

Hmm... I could have sworn there already was an option for it, or at least that there used to be.

In Movie libraries but not TV.  The next release will have it in TV too.

Chyron

In Movie libraries but not TV.  The next release will have it in TV too.

Okay. But I can't figure out how to get my Movies to do it either.

Happy2Play

Okay. But I can't figure out how to get my Movies to do it either.

You mean the "Group movies into collections" setting? Dashboard-Library-Display

Note this setting will move to a per library filter in next release.

Chyron

You mean the "Group movies into collections" setting? Dashboard-Library-Display

Nope. It's not there.

fNcOA2r.png

Happy2Play

Nope. It's not there.

fNcOA2r.png

That would mean you are on a beta release and the setting has moved to per library on the three dot menu.

5b9d6c18b9608_Untitled.png

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/62861-36043-grouping-into-collections

Note this option doesn't appear to be visible via the online web app.

Edited by ebr
proper terminology

• 2 months later...
notla49285

Why have people been requesting this?? It was much easier to change this setting centrally on the dashboard, now I have to go and change this setting for every library on every device, and apparently I can no longer view collections this way using the web app, which I use frequently.

Edited by notla49285

I think ultimately you will find it easier because the option will be on the same screen as the content you're viewing.

Chyron

For the record, the reason why I previously didn't find this in the dashboard was because I was using Emby Connect at the time. The "Group movies into collections" setting does appear when accessing my server directly through the web app.

@@Luke is there any resolution for the web app or is this something that can be looked at?

Sorry what is the problem exactly?

notla49285

Sorry what is the problem exactly?

Hi @@Luke, nothing with the web app now, resolved by @@chyron8472's post above. However, I've now tried the Roku since installing 3.6 beta and all films are outside of collections with no apparent option to change it back.

However, I've now tried the Roku since installing 3.6 beta and all films are outside of collections with no apparent option to change it back.

The Roku app still needs to be updated.  We will get to that as soon as we can.

Thanks.

notla49285

The Roku app still needs to be updated.  We will get to that as soon as we can.

Thanks.

Thanks @@ebr, don't know how high it is on the list for others but this is a fairly major thing in my library at the moment, I have quite a few collections which are now split up and spread out randomly (as all movies are now in alphabetical order and not grouped). The current workaround is allowing users access to the Collections library but it is awkward.

Chyron

Thanks @@ebr, don't know how high it is on the list for others but this is a fairly major thing in my library at the moment, I have quite a few collections which are now split up and spread out randomly (as all movies are now in alphabetical order and not grouped). The current workaround is allowing users access to the Collections library but it is awkward.

You know, you can also set a movie's "Sort title" to adjust how they sort alphabetically in the interim.

notla49285

You know, you can also set a movie's "Sort title" to adjust how they sort alphabetically in the interim.

Don't mean to sound petulant, but I'm not changing the metadata for all of my movies just because Emby have missed this off. I see your strategy, but I've tried this before on a smaller scale and in reality the movie list ends up looking a complete mess, most of my collections it's not just a case of "Movie", "Movie 2: The Sequel", "Movie 3: The Other Sequel", so when initially looking at the full list where collections are grouped it doesn't look like it's in order at all until you look properly at the titles.

I trust Emby devs to sort this fairly soon.

Edited by notla49285

The Roku beta published today has this option now.  You need to turn it on in each grid where you want it.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

What exactly is not in order? The movie library? Or the contents of a collection?

This all goes back to custom sort order in collections as sort title creates issues when items are not grouped into collections.

notla49285

The Roku beta published today has this option now. You need to turn it on in each grid where you want it.

Thanks.

Yep that's working on Beta now thanks @@ebr, any idea when this will be on Release? Edited by notla49285