Slow stream speed in Android TV, but normal in Windows Emby Theater

dzigg

Soo I'm having a weird issue. I can maxed out my 100 mbps connection to remote server ONLY on windows 10 emby theater.

On Android TV, I can't even stream 60 mbps file properly. Also tried Kodi with Embycon, same thing, it buffers really bad.

It's not a server problem since I can maxed out on Emby Theater, so the likely culprit is the App?

Anyone also having this issue?

Thanks

Soo I'm having a weird issue. I can maxed out my 100 mbps connection to remote server ONLY on windows 10 emby theater.

On Android TV, I can't even stream 60 mbps file properly. Also tried Kodi with Embycon, same thing, it buffers really bad.

It's not a server problem since I can maxed out on Emby Theater, so the likely culprit is the App?

Anyone also having this issue?

Thanks

hmm getting 2 ide on this, 1: are you using cable on the computer and wireless on android?  guessing the wireless card getting pusht way to hard,  2: are the files you playing really 100mbps? b or are you trying to make a smaller movie large? (do you have the bitrate satt to auto in the app or do you change it to 100mbps)

hmm getting 2 ide on this, 1: are you using cable on the computer and wireless on android?  guessing the wireless card getting pusht way to hard,  2: are the files you playing really 100mbps? b or are you trying to make a smaller movie large? (do you have the bitrate satt to auto in the app or do you change it to 100mbps)

1. Both is wired on the same network.

2. The file is 63 mbps 4k HEVC, both is direct play.

Update from my end, Emby for Kodi gives me max speed also, but Embycon does not, getting weirder, lol.

EODCrafter

1. Both is wired on the same network.

2. The file is 63 mbps 4k HEVC, both is direct play.

Update from my end, Emby for Kodi gives me max speed also, but Embycon does not, getting weirder, lol.

When it comes to Graphics, it seems Windows OS has got that part figured out better than any other OS. I want to watch this post and see what the solutions are cause my Server and App are both on Nvidia Shield....

ok guys, I found something really interesting. In Embycon for Kodi, if I choose 'file direct path' as playback options, it gets full speed! So, what is the difference between 'file direct path' and http directstream' ? 

EODCrafter

ok guys, I found something really interesting. In Embycon for Kodi, if I choose 'file direct path' as playback options, it gets full speed! So, what is the difference between 'file direct path' and http directstream' ? 

Interesting.....but if I'm gonna use Kodi I don't need Emby for anything...JS