Feature request - timeout

miniz98
Go to solution Solved by mastrmind11,

miniz98

Hello i was wondering if you could make a timeout option for the android app only not the server. My kids always leave the android box on and turn the tv off and it kills data streaming from hdhomerun prime. What i was thinking is you could set a time of say 2 hours from the time a new stream is established. If the user continues watching it would tell them to continue watching or it would drop the stream. If there was a recording happening it would ignore this 2 hour timer. What do you think? 

Thanks.

• Solution
mastrmind11

wait, isn't runaway playback prevention supposed to do this already?

• Like 1

Yeah, this already exists in the app.

If it is enabled, it will put up a message ("Are you still watching?") on the screen at the beginning of a program or video if there has been no user-interaction with the app for at least an hour.  If someone doesn't hit a key within 15 seconds of the message coming up, it stops playback.

miniz98

I enabled it and same stream has been running for 3 hrs and never got a message yet. How long does it take?

Edited by miniz98

EODCrafter

Yeah, this already exists in the app.

If it is enabled, it will put up a message ("Are you still watching?") on the screen at the beginning of a program or video if there has been no user-interaction with the app for at least an hour.  If someone doesn't hit a key within 15 seconds of the message coming up, it stops playback.

@@ebr If OP is logged in as Admin does this still happen?

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

What's that mean.. I only have one login.

Try adding a User that doesn't have Admin Perms and see if it times out then....Server Panel>User>+ add local user. It's prob better to not always be logged in as Admin

Edited by EODCrafter

miniz98

What would an admin have anything to do with timeout. If an admin is watching TV for over 3 hours straight he needs a new job. I don't think this is right. I'll wait for another answer.

EODCrafter

ok...Personally, If I designed software, I would make it so it doesn't auto-boot the Admin account, Maybe Luke didn't.

Edited by EODCrafter

I enabled it and same stream has been running for 3 hrs and never got a message yet. How long does it take?

What, exactly, is the stream and do you have valid guide data?

• Like 1

Jdiesel

It works for me with live TV, something like a an hour and a half to two hours usually triggers it as I usually only tend to see it when watching sports.

miniz98

Weather channel was on for over 3 hours hdhomerun premium in a m3u file. Hdhomerun guide data. The reason for m3u file is so I can map my own channel numbers

Edited by miniz98

Weather channel was on for over 3 hours hdhomerun premium in a m3u file. Hdhomerun guide data. The reason for m3u file is so I can map my own channel numbers

Okay, but do you know for sure that they weren't actually interacting with the program?

The feature is not going to just kick them off what they are watching if they are actually watching it...

Also, were there individual programs showing and not just a single 3 hour one?

The check is done on a program change, not a random time interval.  It is assumed that one wants to complete whatever program they started watching without being bugged by a prompt.