MB Intros problem

speighty

speighty

Hi guys, pretty new to mb3, i have used mb2 before.

The problem im having is i can select single video files to play before the movie, if i try and select a folder with multiple video files the folder is empty, i know i am probably doing something wrong but for the life of me i cant figure out what.

One thing i couldn't see was where do i specify the extension for the video files.

Another thing i have noticed is the first intro video has audio, any intro video or trailer that plays after that has no audio.

Thanks.

Edited by speighty

mboehler

Which type of intro are you trying to add when you encounter the problem of "if i try and select a folder with multiple video files the folder is empty"?

If you are adding a Specific Intro, you have to pick just 1 intro video.  If you are selecting Random Intro, then you will select a folder that contains one or more intro videos.  In this case, you will not see the video files inside the folder.

Where are you trying to specify an extension for the video files?  You should not have to specify one.  MB Intros will play videos of standard types, such as avi, mov, mp4, etc. as long as you have the codecs installed.

I'm not sure about the third problem you mentioned.  Mine plays multiple videos fine with no audio issues.  Perhaps a codec conflict?

speighty

I managed to fix the no audio problem, i installed the LAV codec.

i can add single videos fine, when i try and add a folder it doesnt show under the intros section, im trying to get the certification intros working.

Edited by speighty

is there anyway way of getting the certification intros working at the moment.

Yes.  Have you read the help on how to set them up? (click on the "i").

speighty

Yes, I did click on the I, I made sure the files were labeled correctly, when I select the folder with the raring intros it doesn't appear in the list of intros to play, it also says about specify an extension which I didn't fully understand, basically I select the folder but it doesn't show.

mboehler

I see what you are saying.

I just tried it out and it worked for me.  In my case, I have a folder with my rating videos in it at \\diskstation\media\Intros\ratings.

In this folder I have the following files:

Approved.wmv

G.wmv

NC-17.wmv

PG.wmv

PG-13.wmv

R.wmv

Now, when I want to add a Certification Intro, I click on Certification Intro (an intro for the played item's certification/rating).

It asks me to select a Folder.

I browse to \\diskstation\media\Intros\Ratings and click OK.

Next it asks for the extension.  In my case, the extension is ,wmv since all my ratings files are in that format.  So I select .wmv and then click OK.

Then it adds "Play certification(rating) intro from \\diskstation\media\Intros\Ratings to the list of Intros.

• Like 1

mboehler

When I select a folder it never asks me for the extension.

Does the folder you select contain the correct video files?

Some screen shots might help.

speighty

Here is a screen shot of the folder im trying to add, every time i select it in mb intros it never asks for the extension and the folder does not appear under the list of intros to be played.

post-3412-0-43032500-1397516110_thumb.jpg

mboehler

Here is a screen shot of the folder im trying to add, every time i select it in mb intros it never asks for the extension and the folder does not appear under the list of intros to be played.

The intros in that folder look just fine, so something else must be going on.  Are you using MB Classic or MB Theater?

It may help if you can give us one or more screenshots of when you are trying to add the Certification Intros to MB Intros, like the ones in this thread.

Also, a server log may help as well.

speighty

Im currently using chrome, i have also tried opera.

I will try some other ones and report back.

UPDATE

I have now tried with firefox and the choose extension box appeared so the problem must be with my browser.

Edited by speighty

What version of Chrome?  I think the new version has created some problem in a few areas.