fix live tv show metadata

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

I watch the current Flash tv show but it is identified as the 90s series not the current one. It is not that big of a deal but would be nice if i could fix this and have it populate with the current shows metadata and images instead of the old shows. 

• Like 2

deanhatescoffee

A similar thing happens with Last Man Standing - instead of showing the on-air Tim Allen show, it shows a British show from the 00s. I've looked into editing the metadata for the series, but couldn't quite figure out how to do that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi, why do you feel it's identified as the wrong show? can you show a screenshot to demonstrate ? Thanks.

roberthleeii

Hi, why do you feel it's identified as the wrong show? can you show a screenshot to demonstrate ? Thanks.

Here is the show in my recorded folder. All the info is for the 90s show not the current one that is currently on the air. 65bf08bbe43948d2631d1ab43bd5b0bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

dranderson402

This happens for a few of my recorded shows as well. New Amsterdam shows metadata for the old show as does Station 19. This is why I feel we need a way to set the show's metadata ID's at the recording level and use the EPG's metadata as a failback..

New Amsterdam for example is the new 2018 show but because I can't set the correct metadata, emby creates a folder New Amsterdam (2008) instead of (2018). I can use the metadata manager to assign the correct ID's and fix the images, but I have to keep the show in the folder it created and the upcoming schedule will show the incorrect artwork.

• Like 2