No Channel names or Logos

paulsavo

paulsavo

Hi i have emby android server running on my shield tv, and have my live tv channels inputted from an m3u8 url, it has been running fine for several months, however yesterday the channel names and logos disappeared, the epg is still loading and channels playing but just the names/logos missing

I have put the same url in perfect player and plex and live channels and everything is working fine

can anyone advise what is wrong? i have deleted the url and re inputted it but still same and have also deleted cache folder and live tv folder in emby server located in /sdcard/android folder but still same

EODCrafter

Channel Names are part of your .m3u and the logo's can come from either your .m3u or the Guide linked to the channel. If you could provide some snippets of this data we could probably help you better.

Here's an example of Name and logo in a .m3u.

#EXTINF:0,channel-id="8.0" PBS tvg-logo="https://zap2it.tmsimg.com/h3/NowShowing/42549/s32356_h3_aa.png"

channel-id can link to a guide channel or in my case I want it to ignore it so it's 8.0. TVGuide.com would link that to my local NPT if I left it as 8 and the guide data would be incorrect since this stream is a Pennsylvania NPT Channel. I use another guide that reads the channel name (PBS) and that has the correct Guide Info.

Edited by EODCrafter

paulsavo

yeah i thought too but every other format i use is working flawlessly it is a smoothproxy i use to get the url and it autoupdates and no one else is having any issues