Youtube Help

Luke

Team,

I would like to get a youtube channel going for Media Browser, and have regular updates on it with little how-to videos and things of that nature.

Is there anyone here who might be willing to help make some videos? Thanks.

• Like 1

millgeek

How frequently are you thinking? If you are thinking 1, maybe 2, 2 min videos a week, you can count me in. I do quite a bit of screencast-style video tutorials in my work.

• 3 weeks later...

I can help make some videos for primarily the server interface and possibly Theater.

Yea that would be fantastic, thanks.

Pais

Is there anything available yet or are you aware of others with whom I should coordinate to ensure we don't have multiple people doing the same thing?

we're just starting. we have some random ones here and there but nothing coordinated. so it's pretty open right now and you can do a video on anything you like. if you want me to list out specific things i can, but really if you can take it and run and do lots of small little ones, that'd be fantastic.

Pais

I made a first draft today over lunch for the server install process. I figured that was as logical a starting point as any, even if it's not terribly exciting. Feedback from anyone and everyone is very much appreciated, I do these sorts of things from time to time for work, but the application and intended audience is not the same. I'm happy to evolve based on feedback. 

I'll plan on putting together some dummy media over the next couple of days for this secondary server which I'll just use for video creation purposes and then move on to adding collections via the web interface.

OneDrive Link

• Like 1

Fantastic! In general I think keeping them short like that is the right way to go. It will be easy for us to build a large number of them rapidly by doing that, and will have a better chance of keeping users attention.