Help with setting up Emby

Ciberdream

Ciberdream

Hi,

Im trying to set up Emby server on DS218Play and client on Sony android TV. I folow guide and install server and install app on TV but i dont see my files. I already have folders shared and can access them with kodi, plex etc but emby dont see server.

When i click on url link in package center get message " this site cant be reached" in chrome. Also i cant open site with Microsoft Edge. Im runing windows 10.

I dont know how to add server on app.emby.media. Where can i find emby server IP address and port?

What am i doing wrong?

FrostByte

The Emby server IP will be the same as your NAS and the port default is 8096 (if dual NIC it will be one of the two IPs).  Though I'm not sure why package center isn't bringing up the page

PC should open link like this

http://192.168.XX.XXX:8096/web/index.html#!/dashboard.html

Edited by FrostByte

Ciberdream

Thank you for your answer.

I try with nas IP and default port but not working. Maybe is something with Synology settings? What is important for Emby server? Maybe I changed something before.

Can I do factory reset without changing folders and files?

FrostByte

I had something similar this morning after adding the MusicBrainz plugin.  I stopped Emby in PC and restarted.  Clicked on Open and it was like Emby wasn't really running.  So I stopped it again and restarted and everything is good now.  You could try that 

• 2 weeks later...
Ciberdream

I manage to get my emby player to work. I simply open server setings in PC-Network-Media Devices and add folder with my movies. Emby app on my TV not playing very good but EmbyCon addon for Kodi is ok, plays 4K movies with DTS sound without problem.

thank you all

• Like 1