Installed on Ubuntu-Gnome 16.04.5. Server works to Roku but....

jnyreb

Hi guys,

I've been messing with Linux for years but this is my first rodeo with this type of software so please be patient. Admittedly I don't know nothin' from nothin' about this stuff. But I like what I see and I am all ears. I was a self employed Novell CNE and supported several networks with a little over 400 Windows desk and laptops for 11 years. So, I know some old things and now it's time to learn something new.

My computer is an old AMD A4-5300 APU. Slow but steady.

My problems are:

1. I would like to put Firefox traffic through IPTV (if that's the right place?) so I can watch my grand kids' music programs streamed from their university music schools in Kansas and Michigan in the living room on the big TV. I just follow the link. The server works and the links show up on the TV but don't load. The devices show a reference to Emby Mobile for every time I have opened Firefox so I guess that is the wrong pew.

2. The DVR seems to be program service dependent. Can it be started manually to record the music programs? If not can I pipe VLC through Emby. If so, where can I find reference to tell me how?

3. When Emby comes up on the TV it shows 19 movie titles out of 180 on the system. I don't see how to view any other titles or to expand the number of titles shown. It is apparently shows me a sample of titles that changes when I restart. If I know what I am looking for I don't see how to find it. But what I can see works.

4. How do I turn the WAN off. I haven't opened port forwarding but if it's trying to talk it's creating needless LAN traffic.

5. Music doesn't show up on the TV. The link to the library shows but no content. It is probably directory structure but I haven't been able to find anything to tell me how it's supposed to be.

The big problem is that I don't know the terminology and the learning curve is steep.

If I need to break these questions into separate posts just let me know. I just thought of it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, where/how do you find tags?

Charlie Bishop

Mena, Arkansas.

For #2, yes you can currently only record scheduled programs. In the future we'll allow you to do manual channel recordings anytime you like.