Playback hangs nightly. Has to be restarted

TheFreeMan

TheFreeMan

I have a user that is 4 hours behind me. He reports that at about 11:40pm his time playback of whatever show he's watching will stop. He can't get it to restart until about 12:05am his time. This translates to 02:40am - 03:05am server time.

He's not watching shows at that hour every night, but every night he is watching, playback will stop at that time and he cannot restart the show until about 20-25 minutes later.

I'm running Emby in a docker on my unRAID server. The docker is running the Arch Linux based version.

Looking at the Scheduled Tasks, the "Refresh People" task is the only one that seemed to have run in that time frame, but it indicates that it took 13 seconds, not 25 minutes. I've looked at the log file and it seems to rotate at about 03:05 to 03:10 every morning (that's when the log file starts), but I can't imagine that it would take 20 minutes for that to happen and that it would shut off playback while it's happening. There is nothing happening with the server itself that would shut off external connections for any length of time.

What might be happening every night that would drop playback like that? I'm sure logs would be helpful and I'm happy to post them, but I'm not super familiar with Emby yet, so a pointer to downloading them would be appreciated.

thanks. I don't see anything obvious here, but there are a couple crashes that have been resolved for the next release. The only thing I can think of right now is removing these two plugins:

2018-10-12 03:13:42.072 Info App: Loading Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue, Version=2.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.dll
2018-10-12 03:13:42.072 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.PushOverNotifications, Version=3.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.PushOverNotifications.dll

Apart from that we can re-evaluate with the next release. Thanks !

TheFreeMan

Thanks, Luke- I'll try removing those to see if it makes a difference. It's nice to have Kodi updated every time I drop a new file, but it'll update itself every night. It's also handy to get the Pushover notifications, but again, if it's causing issues...

I'll keep this open until I get the new update and see where we stand there.