Support Request - Amazon Skill: Emby by Emby

stephenbishop
Go to solution Solved by stephenbishop,

stephenbishop

I'm consistently being given "I can't reach your Emby server, Make sure your server is accessible, etc." by Alexa pertaining to "Opening the Emby Skill".

I logged into Emby Connect from inside my servers network (Same WAN) and attempt to "Connect" to my server under "Select Server" and am given: "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

I recently setup Emby Connect, and paired my Emby Connect account with my Emby Servers local account. I opened port 8920 and forwarded it to my Media server, (I usually use 443), I verified my domain is pointing to the correct IP, and that my server is accessible on 3 offsite locations. I've setup 1.1.1.1, 9.9.9.9, and 8.8.8.8 as my DNS and tested each.

I can easily access my server directly via my https://my.domain (obviously not the url) but Emby Connect is having some issues with my setup. I've had the Echo on my main and guest network as the guest network has a Windows DC with the domain name being the same as my external domain name (BOY DO I REGRET THAT! +/AKA: my.domain) the DNS traffic on the main network ALL points to the Domain Controller/DNS Server but the guest uses the router with the above listed DNS addresses. I'm also trying to get ldap/DC Auth enabled but that's a separate issue but because of that the solution can't involve the Emby server not being on the same network as "my.domain" DC server. I can change the internal domain name if need be, and am considering it anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attempted rebooting my Echo, Router, Modem, and servers just encase but no change.

stephenbishop

AH! I forgot to mention something important and thank you for spotting that. I have a signed SSL from my Domain Name Registrar, locally is requires you add a manual exception but from the WAN it works perfectly (if accessing outside the LAN I mean). I'll PM you my public domain if you want to verify that as i'm at home and can't login to my own external name due to my Windows Domain uses the name name as my external domain.

Angelblue05

Alexa only looks at the certificate when playing on the alexa device itself. I'm checking the logs to hopefully tell us why it's not reaching your server.

stephenbishop

@@Luke, I have never had any issues from anyone else in terms of cloud services, and web-browsers. As long as Alexa is asking for my WAN Domain/IP Which I do believe it is as that's why it requires Emby Connect it shouldn't be having any issues at all as far as I can tell.

@@Angelblue05, Thanks i;ll check it right now.

• Solution
stephenbishop

This is mighty embarrassing.. I had set a port exception on my routers firewall and rebooted, but it apparently didn't save initially. So once I corrected that the issues vanished. It's working correctly now, my apologies.

So it seems the two key things to take away are make sure port 8920 is accessible online, and the SSL cert is good.

Thanks, I feel silly.

• Like 2