Emby Is Taking Over Package Center (Sort Of)

DarWun
Go to solution Solved by DarWun,

DarWun

Weird issue here, which I think is just a cosmetic thing.  But the Emby logo is being used for all apps in the DSM Package Center on my DS918+ NAS as of this morning.  Nothing changes after a reboot. It's not really a bug with Emby.  But I thought others might have run across this issue before and figured out how to resolve it.

5bba4348957b3_Capture.png

solabc16

That's certainly a little curious @@DarWun, I can't say I've ever seen that on any h/w or version of DSM!

Definitely not something we can do...

Interested to hear if others have had similar experiences, perhaps with different package icons.

Best

- James

djhifi

Emby will rule the world!

PS: Never seen such behavior on my Synology. It's funny though.

• Solution
DarWun

Emby will rule the world!

PS: Never seen such behavior on my Synology. It's funny though.

As far as bugs go, having the Emby logo plastered all over the Package Center dashboard is not so bad.

Anyway, I found a fix for the issue.  A Google search turned up numerous posts from Synology owners that reported "wonky" icons in Package Center at some point after updating to DSM 6.2.  One user posted that they were able to fix the icons by deleting the contents of the "/var/cache/pkglst.tmp/" folder. I renamed the "pkglst.tmp" folder to "pkglst.old" instead of deleting it outright just to be safe. When I opened Package Center, a new "pkglst.tmp" folder was created. Most importantly all of the icons in Package Center are now back to normal.

Edited by DarWun
  • Like 3

solabc16

Thanks for the update @@DarWun and the solution, for anybody else running into this issue.

* As always, be careful when making changes via SSH. /disclaimer!

Best

- James

• Like 2

As far as bugs go, having the Emby logo plastered all over the Package Center dashboard is not so bad.

Anyway, I found a fix for the issue.  A Google search turned up numerous posts from Synology owners that reported "wonky" icons in Package Center at some point after updating to DSM 6.2.  One user posted that they were able to fix the icons by deleting the contents of the "/var/cache/pkglst.tmp/" folder. I renamed the "pkglst.tmp" folder to "pkglst.old" instead of deleting it outright just to be safe. When I opened Package Center, a new "pkglst.tmp" folder was created. Most importantly all of the icons in Package Center are now back to normal.

Thanks for letting us know!

Thanks for the update @@DarWun and the solution, for anybody else running into this issue.

* As always, be careful when making changes via SSH. /disclaimer!

Best

- James

One can always resort to WinSCP if too noob :D

• Like 2

No shame of using WinSCP :)

Yeah, its actually tricky regarding the root permissions since it involves messing around with SSH too or you won't be able to use it as root.

FrostByte

I found some great threads on the Synology forum on how to get WinSCP to work with root, else I would have been lost.  WinSCP is a very good tool and well worth the donation they ask

Edited by FrostByte

Yeah, its actually tricky regarding the root permissions since it involves messing around with SSH too or you won't be able to use it as root.

No need, you can do it within synology DSM:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60119-access-embyserver-installation-folder-on-synology/&do=findComment&comment=590385

• Like 1

solabc16

There are indeed lots of possibilities, but I'll this thread with something I've written previously - "There are always risks, but if you're doing this then in all likelihood you know what your doing."

Best

- James