Selection of recently added tv episodes

steve1977

steve1977

Just trying to get back to Emby really like it. Some things to get used to how they are different from Kodi or Plex, but overall great!

One thing that may need improvement is how recently added tv episodes are handled. They show nicely on the top-screen on the ATV Emby app. But when clicking, it gets me to a screen, which doesn't allow me the most recently aded one. Instead it shows me only a button saying 'play next" without saying what is actually being played next. Plex for example shows the episode that is being played in small letters underneath.

Can you also add this to Emby?

steve1977

"Play next up". And I don't even know what is "next up" (plus I'd like it to play the recently added one as that's what I selected from the main menu).

bfir3

Sounds kind of similar to what has happened on the web app. For shows, the web app now lists the series along with the total number of episodes for that series that are in the library (instead of the number of items that were recently added), and when clicking on that recently added item it brings you to the series page instead of the item page.

"Play next up". And I don't even know what is "next up" 

And below that text, is there not a row that shows you exactly what episode is "Next Up"?

Sounds kind of similar to what has happened on the web app. For shows, the web app now lists the series along with the total number of episodes for that series that are in the library (instead of the number of items that were recently added), and when clicking on that recently added item it brings you to the series page instead of the item page.

We have found that, at least 90% of our users, will want to play the next up item, not the last added item.  If you are someone that watches as things are added then the two will be the same.

bfir3

We have found that, at least 90% of our users, will want to play the next up item, not the last added item.  If you are someone that watches as things are added then the two will be the same.

I understand that the way it is presented now makes more sense for the current functionality. But previously the Latest Items list was an actual list of individual items, so you would know which Episode was added to which series. Now the list just shows the title of a series that had an episode added to it recently, and you have no way of knowing what that item was. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

But previously the Latest Items list was an actual list of individual items, so you would know which Episode was added to which series. Now the list just shows the title of a series that had an episode added to it recently, and you have no way of knowing what that item was. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

It has never been that way in Emby anywhere except for Emby for WMC.