Live TV Channels Cut Off

pir8radio

pir8radio

I don't know if this is just on Android/ATV/FTV or other apps?   But I've seen this on ATV mibox.    5 digit channels get cut off.  For example the image below is ch: 39311, 39312, 39313 etc...

post-1037-0-95059300-1538853934_thumb.png

Hmmm... We're just not expecting channel numbers that big and I hate to make that display smaller for such a rare situation...

pir8radio

Hmmm... We're just not expecting channel numbers that big and I hate to make that display smaller for such a rare situation...

Yea it's not that i have 39k channels, but this provider groups them.   say movie channels are 1000-3000 (with a bunch not used for future expansion) then 3000-4000 are news etc..   

I take it with android there is no way to auto downsize the font if it doesn't fit in a div, or space,  or maybe if character count is greater than 4 use a smaller font?

I take it with android there is no way to auto downsize the font if it doesn't fit in a div, or space,  or maybe if character count is greater than 4 use a smaller font?

I could theoretically do that but 1) I think it would likely look terrible when there was a mix of font-sizes on the screen at the same time and 2) it would be processing that everyone would encounter the penalty for to accommodate a very rare situation.

Is the channel number even relevant to anything...?  Who cares what the number is?  There's a nice channel icon right there.

pir8radio

I could theoretically do that but 1) I think it would likely look terrible when there was a mix of font-sizes on the screen at the same time and 2) it would be processing that everyone would encounter the penalty for to accommodate a very rare situation.

Is the channel number even relevant to anything...?  Who cares what the number is?  There's a nice channel icon right there.

Yea I guess if there are 5 digits+ you could just show the icon only if available?    The channel numbers are just that, not relevant to anything. unless you manually enter them to get to the correct ch.

pir8radio

I guess this issue I'm seeing could have the exact same title lol...   @ebr     I'm noticing quite often when watching an iptv show using the ATV client, that the channel will just stop playing when the show time is over..  for example, watching a show that ended at 3pm today, and right at 3pm the channel stopped, I didn't touch the remote. I hit play and it fires right back up.     This has happened quite a few times, not sure why.  FYI.

pir8radio

I guess this issue I'm seeing could have the exact same title lol...   @@ebr     I'm noticing quite often when watching an iptv show using the ATV client, that the channel will just stop playing when the show time is over..  for example, watching a show that ended at 3pm today, and right at 3pm the channel stopped, I didn't touch the remote. I hit play and it fires right back up.     This has happened quite a few times, not sure why.  FYI.

This seems to be related to direct streams only...   Transcoding live IPTV seems to clean up a lot of issues..  Emby clients, particularly ATV do not handle direct stream glitches at all...    Maybe some better client side buffering to smooth out any stream issues from the provider?     Seems like recordings just up and quit at the slightest glitch as well?  But that one is just a guess based on what i'm seeing.   

Sorry @@ebr & @luke  I'm going to be reporting any live tv issues because i'm finally pulling the plug on Directv and comcast (had both) making emby my one and only media provider in my home..    You guys know how important TV is to the family so, I need to work with the team on these minor issues that make it difficult to watch live tv for hours on end.     :)

Edited by pir8radio

• 3 weeks later...
pir8radio

Not sure what you did, but all 5 digits show up now..  Yay!