TMDB search include adult results

mogyoros

mogyoros

Hi there!

Is it possible to add to the themoviedb search function to include adult results?

For example: Searching for an adult title: Amazing Headlights does not give any result. Tried with stable 3.5.3.0 and beta 3.6.0.51, same result.

embyserver.txt 
2018-10-04 22:10:43.169 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=amazing+headlights&language=en
Checking in a browser the above link results in:
{"page":1,"total_results":0,"total_pages":1,"results":[]}

But if it could be possible to extend the above query with include_adult=true, according to https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/search/search-movies, then the result is:
{"page":1,"total_results":2,"total_pages":1,"results":[{"vote_count":0,"id":470595,"video":false,"vote_average":0,"title":"Amazing Headlights","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"\/aqGycN9QhIAyfomebpKlDCS9N1l.jpg","original_language":"en","original_title":"Amazing Headlights","genre_ids":[],"backdrop_path":"\/Oq6QUjuDuV1Jn7VMnPfqaicD9Z.jpg","adult":true,"overview":"Sandra Parker and her big tits are fucked by a lucky guy. She gets her ass fucked and swallows a load of cum.\r Helena takes on two cocks. Her big tits bounce as she gets fucked in the ass. She screams like crazy! Two loads fill her mouth up. She swallows them down.\r Chantal Ferrera - This cutie and her amazing natural rack get fucked every which way by two guys.\r Carmen Blonde gives two guys the pleasure of fucking her and blasting their loads all over her big titties.\r Roxy Panther & Kyra - a couple smoking hot big titted babes are ready to fuck. These babes take it straight to the ass before getting covered in cum.\r Lucy Love - the massively chested chick takes on a hard cock which drills her ass and dumps a load in her mouth.","release_date":"2011-03-07"},{"vote_count":0,"id":472658,"video":false,"vote_average":0,"title":"Amazing Headlights 2","popularity":0.6,"poster_path":"\/hILOVmZADcF77pZscoBDpmt4OZ3.jpg","original_language":"en","original_title":"Amazing Headlights 2","genre_ids":[],"backdrop_path":"\/cZrsCSIgnfpugua6FTcj8pPPXoP.jpg","adult":true,"overview":"Amy Ried has amazingly beautiful boobs. Toni Ribas fucks her, fucks her rack, and shoots a huge load of cum all over them. Helena Sweet shows off her massive rack and then gets ass fucked. Mugur drops his load all over her tits. Kyra Banks, the lovely big-titted chick takes on two big cocks. She sucks them off and they go straight to her ass. Her tits get covered in cum by James Brossman & Choky Ice. Lucy with her natural tits will leave your mouth watering. She gets assfucked by Titus Steel & Mugur who cover her tits with two loads of jizz. Michelle, a freckly chick, with a big rack fucks and sucks James Brossman & Mugur. They proceed to fuck her ass and they feed her two loads of cum that she swallows.","release_date":"2012-05-07"}]}

If I search for the exact TMDB movieID then the tile it is found, but doing it 1by1 for each movie, is really time consuming, as search on adult titles fails also, when adding a whole sub-directory to the library.

Thanks to looking into this.

cheers!

• Like 1

The problem here is the way these search APIs are designed at the providers.  They are designed to always return something.  So, the risk here is that some of these come back in searches for something completely unrelated.

Even if we hide this behind an option, that wouldn't stop it from potentially producing very bad results in some situations.

For that reason, it is probably better to make this an entirely different provider that can be enabled only for a specific library.

• Like 2

mogyoros

Thank you. I fully understand your concerns.

Your advise to make this as an entirely different provider and use that for a specific library is something I can do myself?

In the meantime I was thinking to script this process through API, had some basic success accessing various info through the API, but not sure if this can be done at all.

I mean:

1. list all movies in a specific library for a specific user

2. query tmdb API for each item in the list and return the movieID

3. initiate a metadata refresh for each item specifying its tmdb movieID.

let me know your thoughts

cheers

mogyoros

Thanks. I am trying to implement my scripting solution via the API.

In the beginning I was looking for the correct API function, and I've found the /Items/RemoteSearch/Movie.

I am trying to make a post to this function with the correct headers (content-type, Authorization, x-emby-token) with the following body:

{
  "SearchInfo": {
   "Name": "",
    "MetadataLanguage": "",
    "MetadataCountryCode": "",
    "ProviderIds": {
      "additionalProp1": "",
      "additionalProp2": "470595",
      "additionalProp3": ""
    },
    "IndexNumber": 0,
    "ParentIndexNumber": 0,
    "IsAutomated": true
},
 "ItemId": 10901,
 "SearchProviderName": "TheMovieDb",
   "IncludeDisabledProviders": false

}

"additionalProp2": "470595" contains the movieDB Id of the previously mentioned movie Amazing headlights

"ItemId": 10901 contains the library ID in my emby library for this particular item.

Firing this up does no give me the expected title to be returned. If I modify the query to contain "Name":"Hulk", then I get a lots of arrrggghhhh....

And at this point the writer has died - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

My fault, excuse me. I had to modify the query's additionalProp2 to Tmdb, and got the expected result for Amazing Headlights.

Now will try with /Items/RemoteSearch/Apply/{Id} to actually search and update the item.

Which actually works like a charm.  :)

So I will go on with this scripting stuff, until there's an ultimate solution for this on the server/metadata provider side.

But, to this point, actually I've observed, if I enable the omdb provider for this special library of mine, then some of the titles are found. Which in this sense makes me wonder regarding @@ebr's comment having a valid point to not have such an option in the tmdb provider, since one activates the omdb provider for a regular library, then can have " potentially producing very bad results in some situations" from omdb aswell. ;)

That runs a search directly with the remote providers. We are just returning the results they provide from those queries.

mogyoros

I might not have the full understanding on your response without having the overall picture on the internals of MB server.

But thanks for the answer!

I could manage to script the library update via the MB API. So far so good.  B)

Thanks for your effort!

• 2 years later...

In Emby Server 4.6, we'll add a library option to allow passing the adult option to MovieDb searches to allow adult metadata to be utilized.