EmbyCon TV Library Not Working

tr0nllam

tr0nllam

I have an issue with EmbyCon where the TV Library will not show up. If I access TV Shows - All, it's completely empty, although some of the other TV categories (Latest, Recently Added, etc.) are populated. I tried re-creating the library, but it's still not working. I used EmbyCon in the past and it worked then, so I don't know what's gone wrong. I'm using the newest version of both EmbyCon and the newest beta of Emby.

EDIT: Playing around with it a bit more, I think it may have something to do with the NFOs that Ember Media Manager is generating.

Edited by tr0nllam

tr0nllam

They definitely show up in the Web Client, but I've noticed an issue. All of my TV Shows have NFOs generated by Ember Media Manager. I've long noticed that for some reason in the Web Client, all of my TV Shows have a green watched checkmark even though I have a lot of unwatched content. When I go to the individual series, they show the unwatched episodes, but the series is still seen as watched in the Web Client GUI.

I just did a test where I removed a series from the TV Shows directory, deleted the NFOs and moved it back to the directory so Emby would re-scan it. When that happened, the Web Client GUI showed the correct number of unwatched episodes and the show appeared in EmbyCon.

So, something in the NFOs is causing the EmbyCon issue.

tr0nllam

Turning on Empty TV Shows worked. It says every series has 0 episodes, but when I go into one of them, all the episodes are there.

I have to leave now, I'll investigate the NFO issue later tonight and send you a Kodi log if I can't figure it out.

Edited by tr0nllam

tr0nllam

I've figured out the issue. 

For some reason, "<language>en-US</language>" in the tvshow.nfo is the line that is screwing everything up. Through trial and error, I found that removing that single line got rid of the problem.

Now I have to figure out if there's a way to remove that from Ember Media Manager's NFOs unless this is a bug that will be fixed. I've noticed it's also in the movie NFOs, which doesn't seem to cause any issues.

Edited by tr0nllam

tr0nllam

Yes, I deleted the line from the tvshow.nfo, moved it back into my tv shows directory, then after it showed up fine in Emby, I re-scraped it with Ember and the same problem re-occurred.

Edited by tr0nllam

tr0nllam

What is the issue?

Ember Media Manager is putting <language>en-US</language> in my tvshow.nfo and it's causing EmbyCon to show every show as having 0 episodes, which is also causing the Web Client to show the green watched check for all shows, even though if you click on the show the episodes are still unwatched.

tr0nllam

Why do you feel that's the cause?

Because I used trial and error to figure it out. I removed lines from a tvshow.nfo until I was able to pinpoint that the only line I needed to remove to make it work was <language>. 

With that single line removed, the Web Client shows the number of unwatched episodes, but if I add that one line it shows the green watched flag, which I'm assuming is tied to the EmbyCon 0 episodes issue.

Also, it should be noted that I needed to completely remove the show from my tv shows directory, delete the line from the NFO, and then move it back to the directory in order for Emby to display it correctly. If I just removed the line from the NFO and tried to re-scan the library, it did not fix anything.

Edited by tr0nllam

There's too many moving peices here and not enough evidence at this point. Can we isolate this solely to the emby web app. What problems do you see there?

tr0nllam

The only issue I see in the Emby Web App is all of my TV Shows have the green watched checkmark. If I actually click on a specific TV show, the seasons show the proper unwatched episode count.

If I import a TV Show without the <language> line in the tvshow.nfo, the Emby Web App shows the proper number of unwatched episodes in the TV Show library instead of the green checkmark.

Edited by tr0nllam

tr0nllam

Looking at the library.db under PreferredMetadataLanguage, Emby uses "en" for English, while Ember Media Manager is using "en-US." When the NFO is imported, Emby is putting en-US into the library.db and for some reason, that is causing the problem.

I tried importing a tvshow.nfo with <language>en</language> instead of en-US and it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to change this in Ember Media Manager.

Edited by tr0nllam

Right i understand what you're saying, I just can't imagine how that would cause any problems. That is the metadata download language setting for that title in Emby. I doubt the kodi add-ons are even looking at that field.

tr0nllam

It doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm just going off what I've seen. I went in and changed the metadata download language settings in Emby for a couple TV Shows and that led to EmbyCon showing the correct number of episodes rather than saying 0.

can you try disabling the series grouping feature for your library, then run a library scan, and then see if that has any impact? thanks.

tr0nllam

can you try disabling the series grouping feature for your library, then run a library scan, and then see if that has any impact? thanks.

Looks like that fixed it. I'm seeing all the correct episode counts in the Emby Web App and EmbyCon.

Thanks a lot for your help.